Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anybody else having this problem with the rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2000, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellows kinda been keeping up with the progression of the Rubicon...I am a Polaris owner and lover at heart but I do find the trans to be kinda neat if it works out...I think it is something Polaris could be looking in on to help its mammoth going down hills, mine has the EBS but it still don't go down hills like the AC 500 I used to have...anyway here is the article of another board are any of you experienceing this and if not you might want to watch out for it:

I have a new 2001 Foreman Rubicon and I have almost 600 miles on it already. I really like it except I have a transmission that surges, especially at low speed and in low range. My Honda dealer put lighter oil in it, said he reset the gears (whatever that means)and it still lurches. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what it is? If you have any ideas please email me at rwood@netwize.net. This is my 17th ATV and it is almost the perfect 4 wheeler short this flaw.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

I didn't post this to put the Rubicon down just thought some of you guys that own them or are thinking on buying them would like to know...

Old 08-15-2000, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

No problems with mine at all. What forum was that from? I think they will black it out, so you can email me. I think you have my email. Did you get my email Friday? I know you have not been on with your father's passing-but, did you see he post regarding the Polaris recall about the possibility of a sticking throttle? It is on Polaris' website. Please check to make sure it is not your bike.
Thanks

Old 08-15-2000, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

THanks for the attachment on the email Tx it was very rassuring, you can find the post at
http://atvnews.rivals.com/default.asp?sid=1318
the throttle sticking does not effect my bike hope you don't have this trouble with your rubicon that is in the post...