Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?

Honda makes some very good quads and their reliablity is probably the best of all the major manufacturers. But, I would have to say that right now Yamaha is leading the way in performance and styling. The YFZ 450 is the fastest quad around and the Raptor and Banshee are very quick too. I just like the looks of Yamah better and their bikes are a little more aggressive than Honda. I would never bash Honda though because they led the industry in the days of the 3 wheeler and they still make damn good quads. However, Yamaha is the best now in my opinion.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I would say Honda has the best reliability. They may not have all the bells and whistles of the other manufacturers but the overall package of their quads is hard to beat. They do an excellent job of making their simple concepts perform at their best ability. Translation - On paper they don't always seem that great but in real world situations they perform well.

Old 12-03-2004, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

bells and whistles.
what do you call auto shift or manual shift.
gps.
digital display.
hour meter.
a light that comes on telling you its time to change your oil.
a steerable headlight.
so its not the fastes or the sportyest
but i think the rubicon is one of the most relieable quads on the market today.
look at all those belt drive quads some never have a problem and some are full of problems.
if you want a quad that gos fast and is sporty then maybe you should buy somthing else.
but if you want somthing that will last forever and hardly ever brake down then the honda should be your choice.
i had an 03 arctic cat 500 manual and if it was a relieable as my honda i might still have it.
i put 2800 plus kilometers on my honda since may and i love it.
and im not worryed about it brakeing down any time i go out riding.
with the cat i was always worred that it was going to brake whenever i took it out.
it spent more time in the shop then any othe quad or dirt bike ive ever owned.
and thats why i traded it in on my honda and ive never bin happyer.
honda rules and the rest drool

Old 12-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Calm down mudblaster. Overall the other manufacturers have more advanced features. This doesn't mean they are better if they are more advanced. I was giving props to Honda about their great reliability. You don't have to say the rest drool. That is very childish. There are many choices to pick from,suiting each persons style of riding, and that is what makes the atv industry great.

Old 12-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

Dear Beer:

What have you used for oil in your machine? I haven't heard of the problem you describe, and I'm by no means an expert. I've written previously that I've heard about problems with ES models, but my experience has been flawless. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Old 12-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

I think the statement best on earth died a long time ago with Honda, they just have not been in the main circle in most categories.
They're sitting in the shadows of the other companies now. Sport, almost every other company is coming out with new models, or upgraded ones, just not have the updated their 400ex to be an exact replica of their 450R. Utility, I think it is about the same, Kawasaki, and many more are just dominating with their big bores.

Old 12-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

I purchased a honda over a polaris... all my buds have polaris machines with oversize tires. They seems to have more "small" problems that honda machines don't have -- my decision was influenced by an air-cooled 450cc engine and finalized b/c I like shifting gears.

Honda is definitely not the most innovative company among ATVs, but they are still top notch on reliability and quality control.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

every manufacturer has strong points and weak points. Nobody is the best on earth, whether it be automotive, suv, or atv. But i would rather take a ride of a 450r then a yfz any ol' time and i would ride my 250r over ANY other machine any day

Old 12-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

i was only jokeing around when i said honda rules and the rest drool.
its just a saying.
all quads have there good and bad points its just a matter of choice.
sorry if i ofendid you .
he asked if we thought honda was the best and that was my opinion sorry if you dont like it.
polaris has great ground clearence and a good 4x4 system but i think there to heavy.
AC makes a quad that has great gc also and a sweet engine but the one i had kept braking down.
kawi has a crazy bunch of quads but i dont like belts.
yamaha has the 660 grizz, it to is a sweet machine but its also a belt drive.
and i say it again this is just my opinion.
so dont be upset over my opinion.
its just an opinion.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have drivin my fair share of different machines and they were all nice, but I really like my Yamaha. Everyone just has there own preference. I just think I have the best of both worlds right now. When something else looks good I may get it.

Quick Reply: What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?