Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?

Honda invented the ATV.......the original ATC90. That has to say a lot. The other companies have had a lot of time to catch up, and they are doing a fantastic job, so I don't want to take anything away from them. But heres how I sum it all up.......There are quads that go faster, have better suspension, and some with more advanced features. But when you put it all together, and I don't think you will get many differing opinions, the combination of fit and finish, performance, user friendlyness, and overall reliability really can't be touched by another manufacturer.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha makes a tough machine... but I think their parts are more expensive than all other ATV brands. They haven't changed the big bear/bruin very much in 14 years either. I looked at a yamaha kodiak 450.... the independant rear suspension entertained me.. the belt drive looked like it was sealed very well, but they were asking $6800 at my dealer...
the foreman was $1000 less.

Old 12-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

i just might be looking for a honda foreman or another 4x4 rancher... by spring,
i really like the rancher,
but im shure it'll be another honda.
i just really like the honda's.
buckweet

Old 12-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

All I'm going to say is that when I started looking for a used quad I never considered anything other than Honda. My theory is that if you're going to put a machine to the uses most of us do, it had better be simple and tough. I don't go anywhere that I can't get to by driving a little slower, and I'm starting to enjoy poking along and smelling the roses anyway.

Old 12-04-2004, 01:29 AM
Range Rover

just because honda doesnt put a locker on thier quads dont mean they suck. honda is by far the most advanced atv mfg out there. hondamatic tranny, built in GPS,shifting with your finger(ESP), way better then a belt tranny or spending a lot of money on a seperate GPS system. lets just be thankfull there is honda because with out them, we would not have our atvs. they wrote the book on how to build an ATV. they ARE the best on earth.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

front lockers cause drive shafts to shear easily.... hence the reason the polaris machines tend to break front axles easily (stock front axles). I think a selectable locker would be the most ideal.

Old 12-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

As far as I am concern, the ONLY thing that counts is reliability. Top performance, latest features, newest fads, all are secondary and unimportant. When I push the button it starts instantly, and runs, and runs, and runs.

So, yes, Honda is still the best on Earth. 18 years of riding 3 Hondas, 2 Kawasakis, 3 Suzukis, and one Yamaha has proven it to me.

Old 12-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

well said
woodsrunner

Old 12-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For us we will take a Honda any day.

They all have different features, pick the ones that fit you best.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:09 PM

One thing I forgot to say.

I think Honda hit the nail squarely on the head with built in GPS...........when you're out exploring new places it's obviously nice (and reassuring) to have.

Are they still the only ones doing built in GPS.........and if so what's taking everybody else so long???

Bob

Quick Reply: What do you think, are Honda ATV's still the best on earth?