Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450R Dumont Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:11 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 450R Dumont Performance

its funny watching people get mad because someone beat close to stock bikes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: HA2
its funny watching people get mad because someone beat close to stock bikes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Your telling me!! This guy is an idiot!! You share a story that really happened and all of a sudden your an a$$hole! Oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

You guys are right, Pretty pathetic.... a guy comes on here (Stoic) and shares a hillshooting (true) story and all the sudden the little weasles attack him!!!! I guess they have little man syndrome and cant get a girlfriend in school, SO they take it out on stoic. What sucks is that stoic is probably still wondering what the heck he did wrong here. OH well, Just goes to show ya that the bad apples turn up and show themselves to be player haters.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
You guys are right, Pretty pathetic.... a guy comes on here (Stoic) and shares a hillshooting (true) story and all the sudden the little weasles attack him!!!! I guess they have little man syndrome and cant get a girlfriend in school, SO they take it out on stoic. What sucks is that stoic is probably still wondering what the heck he did wrong here. OH well, Just goes to show ya that the bad apples turn up and show themselves to be player haters.

I second That!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Range Rover

Some interesting comments on this thread!

JMO - we should keep this stuff friendly, no profanity, just tell your story. Let the readers decide what to believe.

I have ridden all these quads. They are all good in their own ways and their own individual applications. "Dialing in" and modifications make a big difference. And much depends on the rider, his ability level, weight, height, where he likes to ride, etc. I have even lost once to a 400ex.....when I misssed a shift on a short hill!

But the only way to compare brands and models fairly is to compare them bone stock and/or equipped exactly the same. Then you also need equal riders, or switch riders and compare results. And your results only apply to the terrain ridden in that test!

I have a few hours on the 450, a few hours on the 450R, a few on the Z400, a few on the DS650, a few on the 400ex, many hours on the Raptor, many on the Predator, and uncountable hours on the Banshee and 250Rs. I ride mostly sand. On the sand climbs the stock 450 seems to be the quickest of this stock bunch, the 450R second, then Predator and Raptor and DS650 about equal, then the stock Banshees and 250Rs, then the Z400, then the 400ex. (Again, I said stock.)
However, the fastest for me riding for hours in the dunes is the Predator because it has such great handling, and is so comfortable. JMO.

But, who rides stock! So, if you want to go faster, just add $$$$$! Then all stock comparisons no longer matter. But the rider will always matter!

Just my experience - the 450R will blow away the 400ex and easily beat the Z400. The fastest two machines for racing today seem to be the two 450s.
I don't count Cannondale (TKM) and GasGas in this group because I think the maintenance risk is still far too great to own one.
Anyone know if Suzuki is coming out with a 450 soon?

Enjoy the Ride!

Old 01-27-2005, 07:12 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice post Morewood. Welcome to the forums.............

Old 01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

This statement is the truth---
"he would only race me if we started half-way up the hill, past the whoops. A hill without whoops, what a joke!! Needless to say I beat him, when I started at the base of the hill and he started half-way up the hill"

Those who have been to Dumont will know what I am talking about. I waited for some other guys to line up at the bottom and I raced them, the guy with the piped 450R started when we did where he was located past the whoops. I got to the top of the hill before him.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:28 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

The more I think about it you probably would be able to beat him. It's got to be damn hard to get moving from a dead stop halfway up the hill. Surprised he didn't just dig a big hole right in front of you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Morewood
Some interesting comments on this thread!

I don't count Cannondale (TKM) and GasGas in this group because I think the maintenance risk is still far too great to own one.
Originally posted by: Morewood
[/i]

Some don't count Cannondale I do. By the way it's ATK that is making them. Most of the maintenance is oil changes just like every new quad out there. The issues have been addressed by the shops that work on them Part are avalible and not excessivly priced. Mine is getting a Stroker and Big Bore in it now.

Gas Gas I've only seen one and that was at a shop that sells them.

Enjoy what ever you ride and only you know what is true.

Smitty

Old 01-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

Smitty,
Thanks for the correction on ATK.
Maintenance: I was mostly thinking about the risk of major repair on unproven machines. My friend has a Cannondale and he has had two major engine repairs. I was riding with him both times and it wasn't operator error. Just my experience.

Cheapshot,
You're on the money. We often go halfway up the hill to start a race in order to make it much more challenging, both to the bike and to the rider.
Often a rider starting at the flat bottom will have a big advantage over a rider trying to start halfway up.

Stoic,
Try starting where he did next time you go to Dumont and see if it makes a difference to you. Let us know what you think.

Enjoy the Ride!

Quick Reply: 450R Dumont Performance