Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Heres a Group of People After us

Old 09-21-2000, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres the group of people thats gonna get or Quads, and Trikes taken away..... http://www.bennettlawfirm.com/index.html

Old 09-21-2000, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

I just sent them an email to see what they are all about. They must be really bored!

Old 09-21-2000, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I was going to send them an e-mail. I just can't get my words out. I am pissed off beyond belief.

Come on. Do these people have lives? They see a group of people having fun on their ATVs and they try to get them banned! What is this country coming too!

Our rights are slowly vanishing

Old 09-21-2000, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Taken from their 'ATV-investigation' page:

"All Terrain Vehicles, referred to as ATV's, are small gasoline engine-powered recreational cycles with either three or four wheels that weigh between 200 and 500 pounds. They ride on large, balloon-like low pressurized tires, and the sports models can top-out at 50 miles per hour"

Hehe, uhm, I'm guessing we shouldn't clue them in that current production quads top out over 70mph.

Old 09-21-2000, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

BTW, it's because of people like these, and NOT because of Honda, that we saw the introduction of a 250EX (instead of a 250R or 650EX).

Old 09-21-2000, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAHAHA I needed a good laugh. It's a joke guys! All their claims and pictures are from the early 80's. They're dumb as dog crap if they think they can go up against the "big 4".
Did anyone see the picture of the "Honda employees"?
It looks like a bunch of Lynard Skynard fans, it's THAT old.
What a bunch of losers!!!!!

Old 09-21-2000, 08:51 PM
Range Rover

Here is a letter I sent to the law firm:

I was just curious as to why exactly you are trying to ban ATV's. I looked over your web page and discovered that all of your factual information is from the '80s directed towards three-wheeled ATV's. First off, have any of you people ever ridden an ATV? If not, you have no right to try to ban them. If you have ridden them, I stand corrected. For me, ATV Riding is a great family sport and a great way to get away for the weekend. The key is riding responsibly. If ridden responsibly, ATV's are a blast! They are safe, reliable, and harm the environment less than a car if ridden properly. If you would pull your head out of the dark ages you would realize that ATV's have come a long way in technology. They handle much better and are quite safe. You should have a look at some of the 2001 models. Most of the problem with ATV accidents are caused by people that don't have a clue how to drive them. I don't have sympathy for your so-called "victims." They should have known the risks of riding an ATV and shouldn't complain about their inability to control the machine. The ATV enthusiasts are the ones that are becoming the victims. Why don't I start up a commitee to ban some of your interests? Because I respect your interests. For example, some 14 year old kid gets in a fatal accident after taking his parents car for a joy ride. Should we ban cars because someone gets killed while driving irresponsibly or underaged? Should we say that person is a victim? No No No. Don't try to tell me that ATV's are a different circumstance. That is bull. It is exactly the same. Basically what I am trying to say is why don't you get a life and start a commitee that is worthwhile. Like how about one to help stop the corrupt governments in Africa from starving its people. Those are real victims. I apologize if I have offended anyone with this letter, but please try to see my point of view and why I am so angered by law firms such as yours that waste their time trying to wreck other peoples lives because, basically that is what you are doing. I would appreciate a response from your point of view to help me understand what motivates you people better.

PS - Why not take an ATV for a ride sometime? Maybe you will like it, you never know.

Duncan Currie

Hope I get a response.

Old 09-21-2000, 10:06 PM

i've read through this and i decided to post my email to them too., i can't wait for their reply

How do you guys think you are goin to be able to stop the production of ATV's? they are the key to one of america's fastest growing sports, MX Racing. If you do stop the production what are the millions of people with an ATV going to do with it? throw away a $2,000 - $7,000, i don't think that would go to well with them. Have you ever even rode one before??? i've found it to be very fun and its become one of my favorite past times... the pictures you are showing look like to me that you are only targeted against Honda when yet there are several other companies marketing ATV's such as Yamaha, Suzuki, Kowasaki, and Polaris. the pictures look like you are also showing that they are helpfull to farmers and oilfield personel, many times i've needed an ATV to help over at my dad's oilfield lease since there was so much mud or snow that a pickup would only get you stuck, in the Honda Accessories page aren't they showing a helmet and safety gear??? most of your pictures look like they are from the 80's. now, i've been in a few wrecks acouple times, on 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers but yet do I blame the companies that made the product? No i blame myself for the foolish mistakes i made, luckily for myself i was wearing a helmet and the most damage i got was a little bruise or a cut. i would just like to know what you are trying to do and what your side of this story is. maybe like someone else has stated in a fourwheeler forum, maybe you should try riding a "new" 4 wheeler, who knows maybe u might just like it

Brian

Old 09-21-2000, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Bennet doesnt know the first thing about trikes or quads. I dont actually think he knows the difference between atc and atv. He's not educated enough on quads. The point he is trying to get across is not lets ban atv's. Its hey did you or someone you know get hurt on an atv so we can make some money. Very funny. Well everyone post Bennets law firm site on all atv web sites lets give him a bunch of feed back.

Old 09-22-2000, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

You guys keep on emailing them. If we all keep on emailing them mabey someday some of them will Smarten up. Any of your riding buddies that have computers, let them see that sight too so they can write emails to them too. Remember when writing emails to htem to keep the readable and clean, otherwise they will just use those letters against us

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heres a Group of People After us