Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Normal problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Normal problems

what problems have you had with your 400 ex that are normal?

Old 03-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

pretty cold-blooded compared to other atvs, also getting that damn rear fender on can be a pain in your in a hurry

and you know what, besides it being hard to start in the cold, it's absolutely bulletproof.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

seriously,now your saying i could shoot it and it would deflect bullets, com'n now,,, haha, i know what you mean.

Old 03-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Normal problems

I don't think there are any "normal" or typical problems with the 400ex. Go ahead and shoot it, it's like superman!
Keep the oil and filter changed on a regular basis. Maybe replace the wheel bearings whenever they wear out. Put gas in it and ride, and ride, and ride!

Old 03-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

well, these "normal" problems are the same with all atvs, i mean it makes sense if an atv can't start in the cold because the oil is thick, i mean honda is reliable i only ride hondas, actually i ride any atv but i will only buy a honda, i still wish i would of bought one with independant suspension, but it doesn't matter to me much. i won't shoot it, maybe the polaris, or kawasaki. the cold also effects the batteries performance, it weakens it, and over time it will eventually stay that weak, so either get a heated garage, or bring it up to your room,

theres two options for ya.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

the only problem i ever have with my 400ex is when i put it in reverse my arms and legs get tired ecspecially if i have to back up a hill and i just dont understand why they get so tired in reverse. i mean they never do in forward!!!! lol j/k[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

i didn't exactly get what you were trying to say there, obviously you thought it was funny and you were kidding, but i didn't get it? was there somethin to get? if your backing up a hill, your not gonna go anywhere, at least when its wet out your not, i found a very big difference with my foreman, i try and back up a ditch or big hill and can't do it in two wheel, but it makes a hige difference with 4 wheel drive in gear, even going through the snow there is like no wheel spin in 4 wheel, but in 2 wheel you can get up to 60 mph when your only moving 5 miles an hour.

Trending Topics

Old 03-26-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

it was a joke, because a 400ex dosnt have reverse so, you have to get off and push if you get in too bad of a spot.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Normal problems

One short in the headlights, one stuck carburator float, and the parking brake never really worked well. Going to need new bearings in the rear axle sometime soon. That's all, in 6 years.

Oh, and those of you who said it is cold blooded.......The factory jets lean to meet emissions. Get it properly jetted, and that will disapear. Mine starts easily, with absolutely no choke. I just pump the accelerator a couple of times, and that injects fuel into the carb. Works better than the choke.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Normal problems

ha ha, kingofthemudholes, i was just acting stupid, i knew it was a joke,

Quick Reply: Normal problems