Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

help me turn my y2k 300ex into a XC race quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2000, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to get the 400, i can't get the deal i want so screw that.

What do i need to do to my motor, and suspension to be competive in an XC/Harescramble race?

I was thinking about a 330 kit. Who does these? And how much do they run?

I noticed Ritter Cycle does a 352 Stroke kit. Sounds awesome, anyone had this done?

For suspension i want Dual rates with Res and an Ultra Cross rear. I was thinking about going the 400ex A-arms and shocks thing. But i don't want to weld on the frame, i noticed Veedell has a bolt on set but he is obivously too good for me, because he won't reply to my e-mails.

What do you guys think?

Cstark you have the number for TC racing handy?

I should of kept the e-mail on your quad specs. Are you still running stock suspension?

Thanks for all comments

Old 10-05-2000, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The number for TC is 814-723-3514. Tom is an excellent guy, and will help you build and engine package for your needs.

But if I was you, I would get suspension and a good wheel and tire combo first. You can have all of the power in the world, but if the machine is beating you too death. It doesn't do you much good.

Here is the number for AXIS (209) 368-5040. I have been running these shocks for some time now, and I have too tell you that they are second too none. If they are alittle spendy, and out of your price range. Maybe try calling CT Racing too get the low-down on some TCS shocks.
In my personal opinion, AXIS and TCS shocks which use internal shim stack valving are the best. Works, Ohlins, and PEP are also great shocks. But they don't run as smooth as AXIS or TCS in a HareScramble/Cross Country setting.

Wheels and Tires is up too you. I love HoleShots. Yes, they wear quickly. But offer great traction. Razr's are also good. They don't wear as quickly, but don't hook-up quite as good either. It's personal choice.

I could sit here all day and tell you about things that will improve your ride. I can tell you how mine is setup, but then again it is setup for me. And what works for me, doesn't mean it's going too work for you.
I will be more than happy too answer any questions you may have about parts, how they work, and where you can find them at. But it's up too you too decide if it's right for you and your machine.

Here is my e-mail address - chrisjstark@yahoo.com
Feel free too e-mail me on the side too talk about things.
Also, check out the links in my signature for pics of my ride. Let me know what you think.