ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   HELP with 400ex!!!!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/20365-help-400ex.html)

BLC 10-05-2000 08:37 PM

the battery on the 400ex... i was cleaning my 400ex today and i noticed on the battery.... the terminal on the left which is positive i believe has a red cover over it.... then on the right which would be the negative terminal, it has no cover on it.... its exposed to the air is it suppose to have a cover??? all i saw that was connected to the terminal was a black wire with a hook that was on top of the terminal locked by a screw please help... thanx

Buckeye400EX 10-05-2000 08:43 PM

That is normal, there is no cover on the negative terminal on my 400EX either. I've never had a problem with the battery. It's normal and nothing to be concerned about.

BLC 10-05-2000 08:45 PM

thanx buckeye... so u got any mods on your ex... i plan on getting the yoshimura system real soon and drilling holes in the airbox.... right now its stock...

coryatver 10-05-2000 10:11 PM

Yeah thats normal. mine is the same way. Has anyone else noticed that the 01 400ex have a cover over the battery?

CG400exMaster 10-06-2000 08:43 AM

yeah cory, i saw one at the shop.... not much of a cover tho....
I picture it at something to collect mud..

later

Buckeye400EX 10-06-2000 11:12 AM

Well, other than holeshots all around, nothing major. I was thinking of getting the WB setup or the BigGun. ?? Too many choices. I ride with family on utility quads sometimes, so I don't want my quad to be TOO loud. But I want it to rip when riding with my sport quad buds. ???
14 tooth sprocket in the front. Makes up for 22" rear tires. One industries seat cover looks cool, and your can get some grip with your butt on the seat, even when really wet and muddy. I have the matching graphics kit, just haven't put it on yet.
If it weren't for all this other stuff, ya know wife, kid, food, house and truck payments. I'd already have my quad tricked out totally. HA!

BUBBAG 10-11-2000 01:57 AM

DUDE, CUT THAT STUPID FUSE OFF, AND RUN STRIGHT WIRE...AND CUT THAT SHORT GROUND AND HOT WIRE FROM YOUR BATTERY AND RUN STRAIGHT WIRE WITHOUT THOSE WEAK AZZ CONNECTORS...RIDE IT ENOUGH, AND YOULL SEE WHAT IM TALKING BOUT...

CEET400ex 10-11-2000 01:02 PM

Mine has problems with rechargeing the battery you think them connectors you talking about could be the problem?

BUBBAG 10-11-2000 08:46 PM

COULD BE A NUMBER OF THINGS CEET, BUT I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET IT IS A LOOSE GROUND WIRE....I RECCOMMEND CUTTING THE HOT WIRE TO THE SOLENIOD AND THE GROUND TO THE FRAME, AND REPLACING IT WITH #6 OR #8 WIRE, MINUS THE CONNECTORS....YOU CAN SIMPLY CUT THE FUSE OFF BY CUTTING ONE RED WIRE, AND BUTT SPLICING IT AND RUNNING STRAIGHT TO THE HOT SIDE OF THE SOLENOID, AND LAND THE HOT BATTERY WIRE ON THE SOLENIOD WITH IT...JUST TWIST THEM TOGETHER AND PUT A FLAT WASHER AND A NUT ON TOP, AND TIGHTEN IT REAL TITE,,,THIS HAS NEVER CAME LOOSE ON ME...TRY IT, YOU DONT REALLY NEED THAT FUSE UNLESS YOUR RUNNING BIG DESERT LIGHTS ANYWAY..

Santa 10-11-2000 09:14 PM

Get the yoshi!