Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

250r runs full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250r runs full throttle

Honda sells the sealer under"Hondabond",same stuff as 3 bond.The offer for the gasket is open anytime if you cant find one.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I really appreciate that and also all your support on this. As you probably have learned at one time that it is frustrating trying to fix something you dont know nothing about. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So far you guys been right on everything. I will check it the local dealer has one first so you can keep yours just in case you need it. If not I will get it from you.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Yopu know where its at if you need it.Dont worry about it I have several.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hoopie;
If this does not take care of the problem, I'd seriously think about getting a new carb (one that does not use the choke screw to adjust the idle).
Keep us updated on your progress.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

I would imagine getting a new carberator would be the next step if this dont work. I will need all your advice on that also! I kind of thought that the choke\idle thing was kind of strange. Is this the stock carb that came with the 250R as in the same model? Keihen PJ

Old 06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hoopie
I would imagine getting a new carberator would be the next step if this dont work. I will need all your advice on that also! I kind of thought that the choke\idle thing was kind of strange. Is this the stock carb that came with the 250R as in the same model? Keihen PJ
Yes, the PJ was the stock carb.
They probably worked well when new, but tend to suck a bit after 19 years......
Like I said, the float needle valve gets fairly oxidized too, and is not replaceable.

You can get a new airstryker PWK for under 200 bucks, and they are a HECK of a lot nicer!
If you DO decide to go with an aftermarket one, go with a 35-38MM airstryker depending on your type of riding.
Smaller = better bottom end
bigger = better top end

Old 06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

If i can get the gasket from the dealer tomorrow I will put it together and give it a try and let everyone know the outcome. If this fails, you got any recommendations on where to purchase the carb. I imagine Ebay may be good place to start.

Old 06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hoopie
If i can get the gasket from the dealer tomorrow I will put it together and give it a try and let everyone know the outcome. If this fails, you got any recommendations on where to purchase the carb. I imagine Ebay may be good place to start.
I believe Johnny Hale racing used to have the best prices. (off the top of my head).
Try here:
www.j-hracing.com

Old 06-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hoopie,
Have you been to Magic Racing at 23 & Van Dyke? They are pretty good about having parts in stock, and you really cant complain about their prices either. If they dont have it today they will tomorrow. I bought both of my 36mm pwk carbs from them. They come pre-jetted, and usually they are good to go right out of the box. You will still want to do your plug chops to verify jetting is correct before that days ride. I carry a wide selection of main and pilot jets in the tool box to use if necessary. A good start is to have 3 sizes bigger and 3 sizes smaller main jets and 1 or 2 sizes bigger and smaller pilot jets. Once you learn your bike fine tuning
will become second nature. Be prepared to take 1 or 2 trips to get it dialed in.

If flipping over your reeds made them seal they will work for a short time but I would replace them anyway, there shot. You can get Gasket adhesive at any autoparts store. I use Permatex, in a small spray can.

Also, get a service manual. Clymer is ok and Magic sells them too. Mine is with my tools on my riding trips.

Good Luck
Freak

Old 06-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have been there once a long time ago. I didnt know they were still around. I work on 24 and dequindre so its not that far from me from work. Are they on Van Dyke North or South of 23?

Quick Reply: 250r runs full throttle