Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Disapointed in Rocky Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disapointed in Rocky Mountain

exbob-I suspect you may have gotten hardware for the wrong year. Call FMF and get it replaced. Honda may have varied some hardware from year to year, or your bike may have some aftermarket changes.

I had the same FMF setup on my 300EX, and absolutely no problems with fit or anything else! Never had a problem of any kind with RM either!

Old 08-04-2005, 06:03 PM
RRP
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been trying to remember when I put mine on.Did you check the other bolt in the grab bar?I used the one farthest back and If I remember right the stock bolt that mounts the factory muffler is bigger in size.Remove stock muffler and Put that bolt back in and pull the other one out.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CeeCee
I had a problem with RM a while back. I had ordered some DD's on some ITP wheels. RM sent me the right tires all mounted on the same offset wheels. Then I had to send the wrong wheels and tires back and wait for the correct wheels and tires to arrive.

They should have done it right in the first place. I have ordered other things without a problem.
I have order quiet a few things from RM. The onlt time I have had problems is with tires..
They seem to send everything out on offset rims, even if you tell them not too....

Old 08-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Rocky Mtn does huge quantities of sales. Mistake will happen. RMATV will make it right ASAP you can bank on it..

Old 08-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

yeah i check eveything it says my quad and i didnt mess up with the numbers or any thing and i know its for the wrong quad cuz nothing fits like the header is way to short for it to reach and there is no way for it to reach around to the exhaust port, and bolts dont fit or anything so im just going to send it back to them and cancel it and order it from a local shop and hope it gets right

Old 08-05-2005, 07:19 AM
RRP
Weekend Warrior

before you send it back,Did you read the installation instructions.The header pipe does not wrap around the frame like the factory header.It turns before the frame tube.The rear mounting bolt goes into the grab handle bolt that it farthest to the rear not the one that the factory bolt was in.Hate to see you send it all back and reorder just to get the same exact thing back .

Old 08-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Range Rover

maybe the pipe manufacturer didn't include all the parts. I would not blame Rocky mountain. It's tough to handle thousands of orders and get every single one perfect. But I do know how you feel also. You get so pumped to ride with a new part and it doesn't fit.

Old 08-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RRP
before you send it back,Did you read the installation instructions.The header pipe does not wrap around the frame like the factory header.It turns before the frame tube.The rear mounting bolt goes into the grab handle bolt that it farthest to the rear not the one that the factory bolt was in.Hate to see you send it all back and reorder just to get the same exact thing back .
Yeah i tried to put it in front of the frame but it looks like chopper pipes it sticks up like 40 degree angle and it dosn't fit on the exhaust port. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2005, 09:46 PM
RRP
Weekend Warrior

That sucks.Just thought I would ask.I know when I first held mine up I didn't think it was right either.Definitely and fmf foul up if the package was labelled wrong. but I am sure Rm will make it right.Did you call them?what did they say?I just recieved my order from them today.3 seperate boxes and everything is what it's suppose to be.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah i did call them and they said that for me to return it and that they will check it out so im just going cancel it and i ordered it from a local shop that i know real well so it all good but thatks for all the repleys i really apreciate it.

THNX ROB......