ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   lectron carb for 400ex (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/21444-lectron-carb-400ex.html)

redridaz513 10-20-2000 09:48 PM

anybody have or know of anyone running one ,dyno on gt thunder w/ lectron is impressive

LDJ 10-21-2000 05:04 PM

I run a 36 mm lectron, which I purchased from TC racing. When I was looking for a carb I called TC and talked to the owner about different carbs. I asked him about a 39 mm FCR and he said that the 36 mm lectron has quicker response and more bottom end power then the FCR. There is about a $250 price difference between the two carbs. On my bike it is awesome , but the way you have to set it up is a little weird, I don't know if it was ment for the 400, but if you do it right it works perfect

1QuickEX 10-21-2000 06:32 PM

I have one on my 400EX also. Mine helped mid to top end a little bit. With the Lectron, i actually lost throttle response and some low end. I thought it was because it didn't have an accelerator pump and it was a bigger carb. LDJ, is there any way to adjust the Lectron? There are no jets in it, just the needle.

LDJ 10-21-2000 09:48 PM

Tc Racing said it is a bottom end carb, he said with my mods I should notice Quicker throttle response and good bottom end, You must remove the air box lid and run a K&N, But I am starting to have some problems with the throttle sticking, so I think I need a new cable or I might get the new Edelbrock carb. If you want to adjust anything you would have to call TC racing and he will explain how to do so.

racerEX 10-21-2000 09:49 PM

First off, don't get the Lectron until you have gotten yourself a good flowing pipe and air filter, and maybe even a piston and cam setup. The reason is the Lectron works the best the more things you have on. Ask most engine builders and on a 4 stroke the carb is on the later part of the list. First get all your other things. And about their setup-either you can set it where it will idle, but won't run as good, or wont' idle and run awesome. I guess thats the price you pay for the performance. But trust me, it will pump out the hp. It has much better throttle response that the 39mm FCR.

racerEX 10-21-2000 09:52 PM

About the throttle sticking, you have to take the top of it and clean the slide after every race. Or if you don't race I'd say around every 4 hours or riding. If you don't it will hang on you. It's pretty simple though. Just pull the front plastic and gas tank off. Then unbolt the slide cover, pull the slide out, spray carb cleaner on it then wipe it off, and then spray wd40 and leave it soaked in that and put it back in.

1QuickEX 10-21-2000 11:50 PM

How did you guys get the Lectron set up to idle right? Did you remove material in the throttle housing to get the idle low enough? I removed metal so the arm would go back farther to get my idle down. I also removed metal so the carb slide would open up all the way. Maybe i have mine set up wrong, but i haven't been really impressed with the Lectron so far. I have all the typical mods done, including a full DMC exhaust. Do you guys have any suggestions?

LDJ 10-22-2000 04:32 AM

I just did what the instructions told me. I shaved the inside of the throttle housing, so I could open the slide all of the way, I turned to it 1 o'clock, And it runs fine, but I am going to clean it now, so it won't stick. The way I set up the idle is, it just won't idle I have to give it a little gas, but it doesn't stall, runs good after that.

1QuickEX 10-22-2000 07:38 PM

When i put my carb on, it would idle at about 4000 rpm. I turned the idle screw out all the way, and the idle wouldn't drop any. So i had to shave material from the throttle housing so the arm would go back far enough to drop the idle. Then i had to shave material from the other side of the throttle housing so the carb would open up far enough at w.o.t.

jonney 10-22-2000 10:22 PM

lucas i side with you I was told the same thing about bigger carbs vs smaller