Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why the hype over the 450r? A 500r 2 stroke would be better

Old 09-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: Duneaddict

Hey, now we're agreeing on something!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I won't pick on you too bad about the thumper thing.... If your gunna play, sometimes you have to play by the rulz of the game...
I'm just not a big fan of them... obnoxiously loud for the power they make..

That is another thing we agree on! It is aggrivationg how loud these high tech thumpers are, and my main concern with them is maintnance. These bugers are alway needing maintnance, the 2-strokes are less maintnance and cheaper to race. I bet no one would of believed that about 10-20 years ago.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Sellin the Z, you intere.....well, I know you don't want it. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Wow! Now your educating me! I would have never guessed that someone would actually admit that maintenance on a thumper is a real issue. I've hear folks touting all about how much better, more reliable, yadda yadda yadda...
I have heard a few folk really squeel when one grenades real hard... WAY more expensive than the 2 smokers to rebuild...

SO your selling the Z eh? My 3 year old already has a quad (LoL!!!!) J/K
One thing about the Z's, they sell like hotcakes in the used market! You shouldn't have any problems peddling.

Upgrading? or ???

Old 09-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

If you race the 250 thumpers hard they require valve checks/adjustments about every 10-15 hours of ride time. The yamaha's aren't to bad if you stay off the rev limiters, you could probably ride it all year without a valve check without bouncing off the rev limiter.

LOL at your 3 year old joke. I will have a new born soon, maybe I should keep it for a starter quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Im getting rid of it for a couple reasons, one is because I mainly ride dirtbikes now, and if I need a 4-wheeler I'll just take the girlfriends. And two, if this new place we are getting doesn't take all my money, I might take the Z money and buy a thumper Motocross bike. Maybe?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2005, 10:34 PM
lbc
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ixRAZORxi
I can't see why everyone is so excited about the 450r . I mean you could have put a cr500 engine in a 250r 20 years ago an outrun anyquad in production. I just don't get it. Everyone wants a faster quad every year but the fact is they could have built the 500r MONSTER 2 stroke 20 years ago.

Why doesn't honda just make a tru 500R(meaning 2 stroke). We would have a quad with more speed than anyone would really be able to use. Wouldn't that just end this little speed race they have once and for all?

Heck they could build a 300R(2 stroke) Why not take a cbr600rr motor and drop it in a quad?

They are spoonfeeding you guys. look at the rincon. They could have made it perfect. But they made sure they have something to do for 07.
personally I would just be happy if they revamp the 250R and brought it back to life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: lbc

personally I would just be happy if they revamp the 250R and brought it back to life[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now that I can definately agree with. I would never have purchased either of my raptors if the R were still in production.

Old 09-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

I wonder if service Honda will put a 250r engine in a 450R frame like they have been doing with a 400ex? They would charge out the wazoo, but it would be neat to have if you could afford it.

Old 09-17-2005, 06:42 PM
lbc
Range Rover

Originally posted by: motox26
I wonder if service Honda will put a 250r engine in a 450R frame like they have been doing with a 400ex? They would charge out the wazoo, but it would be neat to have if you could afford it.
I am sure you could but I would rather have a 250R chassis. Although the 400 and 450 closely resemble it they are slightly different in stance. Nothing feels better than sitting on a 250R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Range Rover

Amen brutha! There are plenty of reasons why the TRX250R is still so valuable while the Quadracer 250 sells for far less. I would buy a new TRX250R in a second! I hope the 2-strokes stick around for a while, but if they are going away, it will only make it that much easier to get a deal on leftover new or used bikes, then it will be time for me to get a Banshee. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I rode a new TRX450R today and was less than impressed with the accelertion, although it did have nice handling. I rode an '85 ATC250R that would have smacked it in a drag race with ease. Then there is that awful lawnmower/thumper sound. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I was smacking him all over the trails and then completely flattened him in a 100 yd drag, it was getting uglier and uglier by the second for him. Other than great handling, I will say that the TRX450R put the power to the ground nicely, but I would still rather have a TRX250R. I could never pay $7000 for a 450, that is highly inflated for what you get.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedster700HP
There are plenty of reasons why the TRX250R is still so valuable while the Quadracer 250 sells for far less.
Well one reason is the whole supply and demand thing. If honda made the 250r for 20 years, I wonder what a used one would go for? Anyway, I can believe you roasted a 450r, with an atc 250r. It's hard to get some people to believe that 20 year old 2-strokes are meaner than a modern 4-stroke.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:20 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: midnite
Originally posted by: Speedster700HP
There are plenty of reasons why the TRX250R is still so valuable while the Quadracer 250 sells for far less.
Well one reason is the whole supply and demand thing. If honda made the 250r for 20 years, I wonder what a used one would go for? Anyway, I can believe you roasted a 450r, with an atc 250r. It's hard to get some people to believe that 20 year old 2-strokes are meaner than a modern 4-stroke.
I raced the 450 with my CR250R, there was never a doubt in my mind he was going to lose. Funny, he thought it was going to be close LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I bet a fresh ATC250R could beat the 450 also, but I haven't gotten a chance to try that out.

Quick Reply: Why the hype over the 450r? A 500r 2 stroke would be better