Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

this is not a jetting question, but I need help on carb!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is not a jetting question, but I need help on carb!

I need someone to tell me how to sync the slide/needle to the throttle valve. When you slowly open the throttle, the butterfly opens a little then the slide moves . There is a gap between the throttle valve( butterfy) linkage and the slide/needle linkage that you can adjust ( a metal tab ) this has been bent. I am trying to get the butterfly and the slid/needle to move together in sync. With the throttle fully close were should the slide be in relation to the top of the casting? right now if you were to look at it closed, the top of the slide is 1/8 inch below the top casting.. I hope this made sense. please help Thanks alot

Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

im guessing that both slides are sapose to open at the same time, to adjust that, bend that metal tab you were talking about that looks like a v so they both open at the same time, hope this helps Jeff

Old 01-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the reply. I thought the same thing but because its spring loaded( the needle, and silde linkage) That did not work. I treid to reason that the needle should be seated lightly into the needle valve(main jet) when at a closed throttle position. To do that I need a measurment? I cannot see the needle when at a close postion, it is hidden from view inside the needle valve, I think? Now that I thought about it, does the needle seat into the main jet or at just a predetermend postion inside the needle valve? I thinks its clear that I am novice when it comes to this ,but I am learning thanks again