ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   help my rancher from getting stuck in sandy creeks (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/230840-help-my-rancher-getting-stuck-sandy-creeks.html)

mykool61679 02-13-2006 04:53 PM

help my rancher from getting stuck in sandy creeks

what are some things i could to help my 2-wheel drive rancher/es, be better in deep mud, or in soft sandy creek beds with out losing any steep hill climbing ability. how about a lift kit , so i could put on bigger tires? or maybe try to get more power some how? please help

RobGonz 02-14-2006 01:52 AM

first, you should have spent the extra 200 bucks to get the 4x4 model. second, putting on mud tires like the gators, mudbugs or mudlites will improve traction.

mykool61679 02-14-2006 08:01 PM

ive pulled more 4-wheel drives out of the mud than have ever pulled me out. and as far as hills ill ride with any 4-wheel drive, usually alot better. ive never had any problems except this one damn creek, and every time i cross it , the creek just seems to fall out from under me. i end up making it 50% of the time, which isnt very good considering the water is about 30 degrees. any sugestions will be helpful

ToughGUY2169 02-14-2006 08:45 PM

Come on you expect me to belive that you pull more out then get pulled out? That could be because you go around what they attempt to go through. But put some after market tires on, you should notice a difference there.

mykool61679 02-14-2006 09:37 PM

its about half true about (going around the mud), the other half is that a lot of these dudes on 4-wheel drives arent that experienced(they like the security of 4-wheel drive.) ,or they think they got submarines. is it true that it is easier to flip a 4-wheel drive in deep ruts going up steep hills.( b/c the front tires grip.) a lot of full time 4-wheel drive dudes i ride with wine about this, is this right? dont sound right. most who can shift out of 4-wheel drive ride in 2-wheel drive except in deep mud.
what is the best tire for mud i could put on my 2-wheel drive rancher 05?

ToughGUY2169 02-14-2006 10:20 PM

First, if you are going up a step incline, and you have your wheeler in 2x4 in ruts, if you don't spin you are more likely to pitch pole (roll over back wards). If you have the front tires gripping you are one, more likely to make it, two, less likely to pitch pole. Sometimes in 2x4 if you are spinning and your wheels suddenly catch, you are most likly going over backwards. In my 12 years of riding I feel more comfortable in 4x4 up hills. Just I'm not saying I don't try em' first in 2 wheel drive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Second, if I wanted to brand push I would suggest mud lights, which are light and give a good grip. My friend has kenda bear claws on his 2 wheel drive warrior. They have excellent wear, and do pretty good in the kind of mud you will attempt. Mud bugs by maxxius are a sweet tire too, but my vote would be for bear claws and their bullet proof reliabilty. Hope I've helped. Oh and I would prob only go one size total, if any bigger in height and weidth.

ToughGUY2169 02-14-2006 10:22 PM

As for more power not really to sure about ranchers. Maybe an air filter? Do they make an aftermarket cdi for them?

reliv007 02-14-2006 10:36 PM

You could try and trade it in for a 4x4? But u would probably lose $$$! So just get bigger tires and maybe a jet kit? What does everyone else think of my ides? Is it pretty dumb!

mykool61679 02-14-2006 10:45 PM

bear claws look like a good tire. heard mud lights wear bad. like i said before the only problem i ever have with my 2-wheel drive is in that creek.in mud i can usually jump on the @ss end of it and get it out , but in the sandy bottom of that creek when i did that it just sank worse.

SFA 02-14-2006 11:12 PM

Sinking hmm maybe add some sort of a flotation device....stuff some inner tubes under the racks!! lol

I enjoy the flotation of the ATC 110 ... heck If I were you I would sell that rancher and buy a 110...can't go wrong there !