ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/244601-honda-vs-yamaha-vs-polaris.html)

tcG 07-16-2006 01:18 PM

Honda vs. Yamaha vs. Polaris

First and foremost, hello everyone- I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but the search feature appears to be bogged down.

I realize the question is biased based on which forum I post this in, which is why I am going to be posting it in all three...

I am really confused as to which company makes the 'best' utility and sport ATV's- my father swears by Polaris but I've ridden both Polaris (we had one of the first 250 Trail Bosses...) and Yamaha and they seem pretty similar... so my question to you is, which makes your company... better than the other two?

I'm looking for something I can ride on the weekends without much maintanance... something for trail riding- sport or utility will do.

Thanks,

Steve

4StrokeRider400 07-16-2006 01:21 PM

HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMO, i like there reliability.

v2rider 07-16-2006 02:16 PM

Arctic Cat, IMO. But that brand wasnt posted. Out of the ones mentioned, Grizzly would be my choice

DDDonkey 07-16-2006 03:04 PM

Out of the ones listed grizzly, but I have to agree with v2rider AC is awsome

ForemanDan 07-16-2006 05:06 PM

Go with sport and utility. Rincon. Very reliable, comfortable, stable, and fast on trails. Handling is awesome.

mykool61679 07-16-2006 07:38 PM

love hondas reliability, but im thinking about getting a brute force myself. i own a rancher and love it, just honda dont offer the other options such as a locker or irs except on the rincon. but dont likeautomatics.and the price on a rincon is like whoa!!!

MUDDY4LIFE 07-16-2006 08:36 PM

I would'nt consider ANY of Honda's big bore untilty ATVs TODAY over the other major brand 4x4 UTILITY ATVs that are on the market! They have the highest MSRP and the least amount of features that seem to come as standard equipment [locking 4x4 front differential,adjustable shocks,superiour ground clearance ect] on the other manufactures ATVs. And Honda Utility ATVs are no more reliable today than any of the other major brand utility ATVs IMO...

v2rider 07-16-2006 08:45 PM

Whoa!!! Did honda lose some points, or did the other brands step up? My 93 fourtrax still runs like new, but i also feel that my 2006 AC is indestructible! We will see. I have alot of faith that my quad will last a long time, but the honda has already proven itself. Have the newer hondas been just in a production mode, and lost durability? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

mykool61679 07-16-2006 08:49 PM

honda kills all others in reliability, just not options or power.

4wheelerfred 07-16-2006 09:37 PM

Originally posted by: mykool61679
honda kills all others in reliability, just not options or power.
almost[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] till i ride it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]