ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/250581-07-rincon-test-ride-not-great-first-impression.html)

Rinman 09-30-2006 12:59 AM

07 Rincon test ride......Not a great first impression

Nobody is arguing the power of the 2. It isn't even close. If your 4 wheel drive system with the visco lock is so much better, why can the Rincon go everywhere the Bomb can? I've ridden mine at Telico Tennessee, if you've never heard of it look it up. Its the most extreme place to ride on the east coast. There were times it would have been nice to have engine braking. But as far as climbing without a visco lock? It did just fine. You need low gear to keep from burning up your belt. We have first gear. Its low enough to wheelie then its low enough to pull me up the hills.
Why have you had 2 Outlanders? What happened to the first to make you get another one?

Rinman 09-30-2006 01:13 AM

Alwaysride Sorry about this. This was your topic and we just totally hijacked it. You would think that a dealer would have a good running quad for you to test. If he intends to sell them. But you won't be disappointed in getting one. They are not the fastest by far out there. But they are a very enjoyable ride. Very little maintenance is needed and they do perform as well as any other quad out there. In alot of cases better. But the most important thing about a Honda is it will always get you home. You can keep your belt around your waist where it belongs.

alwaysride 09-30-2006 02:06 AM

haha, you guys are alright. I enjoy reading your post. Keep it up for all i care

JDQuadRider 09-30-2006 04:25 AM

Originally posted by: Rinman
Alwaysride Sorry about this. This was your topic and we just totally hijacked it. You would think that a dealer would have a good running quad for you to test. If he intends to sell them. But you won't be disappointed in getting one. They are not the fastest by far out there. But they are a very enjoyable ride. Very little maintenance is needed and they do perform as well as any other quad out there. In alot of cases better. But the most important thing about a Honda is it will always get you home. You can keep your belt around your waist where it belongs.
I own a Honda but the whole belt thing is such a tired argument. Is that really the best you can do? I ride a lot with friends and other people I meet on the trail. I've only ever seen a belt break once. The guy had a spare, it was changed in about 10 minutes, and he was up and riding the rest of the day.

Rinman 09-30-2006 08:48 AM

Yes, it is a tired issue as well as having a locker. But get the belt wet and it becomes an issue. Is it going to last longer than a driveshaft? Its just one more thing to maintain. If its not an issue , why did he have a spare? I only carry tire plugs when I ride. We can go back and forth about is one better than the other. Right now I think mine is well suited for the places I ride. I'm not a Honda fanatic but the 2 I've owned have impressed me.

MikeM 09-30-2006 10:41 AM

alwaysride just shouldn't have posted such a silly statement, obviously it was meant to incite people. when I test drove my new truck it ran like crap. took the time to find out why and a spark plug wire was off. the Rincon may have had bad gas or a dead battery. honda does not typically use the consumer to prove out their product as some say here (or as some other mfgs do).

the brakes are a dead issue too, unless you can't work split brakes and need a single lever. the 680 has triple disc, and bombardier decided they needed to move the brakes outboard on the renegade for a reason.

some are just compensating in every area they can (4 wheels instead of 2, 800ccs, locker, single lever brakes, etc). I appreciate the Outlander, but the only thing can be said accurately is that it has the most power. The rest is just opinion and really doesn't belong in this thread anyway.

Rinman 09-30-2006 05:32 PM

Amen propnut.

alwaysride 09-30-2006 07:05 PM

No amen because you guys are wrong. I posted it because i am in the market for a rincon and when i took a test ride it didnt run well and was wondering if they are know to do that. I wasnt trying to piss people off like you are making me seem like i did. Ive been kinda iffy on the efi thing so i wanted feed back so dont give me that i was trying to start a fighting match.

ForemanDan 09-30-2006 07:27 PM

There was something wrong with the one you tested. My 06 runs great!

JDQuadRider 09-30-2006 07:45 PM

Originally posted by: Rinman
Yes, it is a tired issue as well as having a locker. But get the belt wet and it becomes an issue. Is it going to last longer than a driveshaft? Its just one more thing to maintain. If its not an issue , why did he have a spare? I only carry tire plugs when I ride. We can go back and forth about is one better than the other. Right now I think mine is well suited for the places I ride. I'm not a Honda fanatic but the 2 I've owned have impressed me.
He brought a spare belt in case it snapped. There is no doubt a transmission belt is a wear item but they don't just go out without warning. Chances are, if the belt has 1500 miles on it, it needs replacing. If it's new, chances are very low it will break. If it does, it's an easy fix and is not necessarily a cause for concern. However, they are efficient and don't have much in the way of moving parts. They are also a ton cheaper than the honda transmissions to manufacture. This is why other manufacturers can offer many more features than hondas in the same price range (such as a locker). I'm not saying that Honda should switch to a belt transmission. I like it. But when the day comes where the Honda tranny does wear out, I hope I'm not the owner anymore.