Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

am going to buy a bike what should i get

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am going to buy a bike what should i get

i wanna buy a bike i want a rincon 700 but i heard the griz 700 was a good bike but i dont like yamaha i have been with honda my hole life so what should i get

Old 12-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you answered your own question. You don't like Yamaha so that lets them out. I have a Rincon and so far there isn't another quad out there that I would trade it for. I've ridden a few others but find the Rincon to be better suited for MY riding style. Now mine is an 05 650. But I also have seat time on an 06 and can't really tell much difference. I haven't rode a Yamaha so I can't comment on them. I would stick with the Rincon. I have no complaints with it.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rinman
I have a Rincon and so far there isn't another quad out there that I would trade it for.
I love my Honda too but before you say that throw your leg over an outlander [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Got to point a buyer beware here........

The Rincon doesn't have engine braking at very low speed (below 8 mph), so if you are descending a steep nasty section it is going to be all brakes. This should be a factor you consider in your purchase! If you mostly ride not to steep terrain with short descents it's probably no big deal, but if you are going to do highly technical descents.......maybe it's a good idea to pass this one up?

Personally, I like to just put my machine in a low gear and putt down the hill. I rarely if ever need to even touch the brakes. This frees me to be looking after other tasks like picking the best line, etc., rather than being preocupied with cramped up hands from having a death grip on the brakes. (And what happens when those brakes get so hot that they boil the brake fluid????)

Old 12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

Reconranger is right. The Rincon has no engine braking. Even in first gear you can pick up way too much speed in technical areas. I don't mind it but at times it would be very nice to have. But other than that I don't like engine braking, I think it is annoying.
But I have ridden an Outlander 800. One of my riding buddies has one and I've logged a good many miles on it. It is a nice and super fast quad, But I still like my Rincon. I would love to have that power though. That thing has so much its unuseable on the trails.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

When I am going down hill and braking, I am not spinning the wheels fast enough to generate enough heat to boil the fluid.
I went from a Foreman 450 with awesome engine braking to a 06 Rincon 680. The engine braking is good enough for me. I don't miss the Foreman.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

EBS this EBS that. Man people are getting spoiled. I have never needed EBS on any hills that I have ever ridden on. I live in PA and we have some nasty steep hills. If you have the quad in 4wd all you need is the rear brake and it will slow all 4 tires or 2wd just use both front and rear and finess your way down a hill. Until a few years ago no quads had ebs. I am 35yo and in all my life I have never needed ebs so thats what I am used to. I have ridden quads with ebs and really dont see the big deal as long as you know how to use the brakes right but if you get spoiled with ebs you will never learn how to use the brakes in certain situations because you rely too much on the ebs. But everyone has thier own opinions. I love the Rincon and just about anyone that has one loves them too. They are easy to whip around corners, handles awsome more like sport quad than utility. Very reliable, Honda fit and finish is second to none and it looks cool.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Amen 2manytoys. Probably 99% of the people who bash the Rincon for no EBS have never ridden one. If yours has it, your used to it. Then when you ride the Rincon you miss it. Why? Its because your used to it. I get on a belt drive it bugs the crap outta me. I don't like it. As 2many stated just put it in 4wd and use the rear brakes. I ride the mountains of Tennessee. And have never had a problem going down a hill. I have been down some near vertical hills and no EBS has not been a problem. I know my machine. But if your not used to no engine braking then Yes it can surprise you when you hit a hill and expect the automatic braking. Then yes you can get into trouble.