Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

Looking at possibly buying a Rincon and would like to know what everyone has paid for theirs. I've owned several different brands and I'm now stuck on getting a Rincon. The biggest influence towards the Honda was our recent snowfall here in Southern MN and the need for a plow. Although there are better choices for a machine to plow snow with, the Rincon seems to have everything that I need and want in a machine right now.

If anyone could answer what you paid, your likes/dislikes, or troubles, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

I've been looking at Rincon's myself.

This is about the lowest price I've seen advertised anywhere (at least for a camo).

abernathy's

There are a couple of places with 06 camos around, but none will come close to this price. In the market here, I think if you got an 07 camo for anything under $7200, that's close to the best you are going to do. Plain colors are like $250 to $300 less...

Old 03-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

$6700 at Southern Honda.
I love it. No troubles after 1000 miles.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

I have almost 2000 miles on my rinny. Trouble free! It is a great quad. It may net be the fastest or the best mudder but it is sure the best at trails. You can whip this quad around like a sport quad and has plenty of power to kick the rear out around turns. It is very comfortable and nimble. Very fun to ride because you have the choice to shift or go auto. You dont have to worry about belts. The only thing that you should do is get rid of the stock tires. People think it handles well in stock form but with good aftermarket tires it really shines. The stock tires are only a 2 ply tire. They roll alot and tend to roll into turns. Not a good feeling. Put new tires on and its like holy crap hold on its gonna go where you point the bars. No other 4x4 ute will handle this good. Well actually you cant even consider the Rincon as a ute. It is a sport ute. It will still do the work of a ute quad but then it can play fast and hard like a sport quad. You cant go wrong with the rincon. Most that have not ever owned one will tell you they are crap because no low gear, no locker, underpowered blahh blahhh, blaahhh. They dont know the real capabilities of this quad even with its downfalls. No it does not have no low gear but then again it has 3 gears. !st gear being plenty low enough to work. Underpowered! whatever. It has plenty of power to hang with teh bigger quads. Cmon its a single cylinder 650cc. No its not a torque monster like other v twins but it can hang. You can have all the power in the world and they still wont be able to keep up with you in the woods. No locker! Its not a mudder but it still does really well in the mud. I have been just as stuck as these other quads with lockers. A simple tap of the front brake and all 4 will spin. If you want pure power get a can am 800. If you want a tank get a polaris. But if you want a little bit of everything then get the Rincon. You just cant go wrong.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

Yeah, what he said![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rincon Questions

Well said. 1000 hard fast miles, 0 problems. If I had to complain about anything it would be the front shocks. They work great for everything except big jumps. They will bottom on some jumps but I know it wasnt designed for big jumps. It jumps so well you just cant help it.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rincon Questions

Mack,

Replae the springs with Highlifter springs and you will never bottom out again and it will still keep its sporty ride. The best mod I have done other than the carb spring. Highlifter springs are awsome.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon Questions

I just bought an 07 Rincon used. Well if you consider 22 miles used. But the original owner only paid $6908 for an 07 GPScape Rincon. I haven't had the chance to ride it yet other than my backyard. But I just sold my 05 Rincon and it had over 2300 miles. O problems. And I did not baby it. Mack63 is right it will bottom out on jumps but then I'm 220 plus lbs. Not much isn't going to bottom out with me landing on them. I've ridden alot of other quads and I truely like the Rincon better than ANY other available today. I do however like the Can-Am 800's power. As TomanyToys has said the Rincon handles like no other. In a drag race its not the fastest, But in the woods, the other rider had better be fearless.Thats not bragging its a fact. My buddies 800 can walk away from me like I hit the brakes. But on the trail he's usually behind me or I'm right behind him. Its a very easy quad to ride, comfortable, easy to steer and won't wear you out after a long days ride. I've ridden over a hundred miles in the Tennessee mountains, rocks, ruts, and mud holes. After a quick break I'm ready to go again. It just rides that nice.
But before you buy see if the dealer will at least let you try it out. Even a parking lot ride is better than nothing.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rincon Questions

Thanks for the replies. This is what I expected to hear. A friend has the 650 Rincon and I had the chance to ride that, but it had been rolled and the handle bars were bent, making it tough to tell anything about the machine. I have also seen a 650 Rinnie wheelie with absolutely no effort, which has really sparked my curiosity. From what I found about the 680, is the power difference is like night and day, although as mentioned already, nothing close to the 800 class.

Another friend has the Rubicon with ITP 589 M/S and I couldn't believe how confident of a feeling you get riding that machine. It always felt like it was firmly planted on the ground at all times, even with opposite corners in the air while going over obstacles, not to mention how it walked out of near freezing water that was 3 feet deep and up an icy incline with no trouble. Now it's time to finally get myself into a Honda.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rincon Questions

I can't really remember what my 05 was like in stock form. I do know even stock it would wheelie. After a few bolt on mods it was hard not to wheelie it. The guy who bought it, he had his buddy sit on the front rack in the street and HE claims it pulled the front about 2 feet. Now I didn't see this. But it was a wheelie machine. The 07 isn't broken in yet and kinda feels a little sluggish off idle. I'm gonna ride it this weekend and put around 150mi on it so the breakin should be complete. But the mid range does feel stronger. I will be able to give a better report after this weekend.
The Ruby is a great quad also. It does everything really well except ride quailty. Its not bad just a little harsh. But that solid feeling is from them tires. I changed my stockers out on my 05 and it made a world of difference.

Quick Reply: Rincon Questions