Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Custom 350X with rainbow tank, axle extenders, HEFTY REWARD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2001, 12:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATV theft is our #1 problem but if we
all pitch in and help each other we
can do something about it. 1st of all,
don't buy a HOT machine, if there was no
market for them they wouldn't be stolen
as much. 2nd if you know of a hot ATV
call the cops, I wouldn't want any friends
capable of that. What will they do to you
when you're not looking? I'm sorry to
point out that being in my position isn't
somewhere you want to be. So if anyone
can help anyone else, DO IT, you could
be next and walking in my shoes.

Old 01-21-2001, 01:27 PM
Trailblazer

Strategy to get it back. Find the area that it was last seen in. Put up flyers and send word about a locally organized race for fun/charity (maybe charge 2 bucks to enter winner gets half charity of his choice gets the other half) this should draw the attention of the person who stole your atv if he is dumb (most criminals are, just watch cops) and just look for your rig there if not in site ask the general crowd, spread the word offer a reward.

-just my idea

Old 01-21-2001, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

atv_guy,

Have you heard any new news about your missing 350X? Just wondering. It's great that the internet has given you a way to get information on your stolen machine. I wish you the best of luck on finding your 350X.

Old 01-21-2001, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I wish you the best of luck my friend. I have had good luck with m ATVs, none have been stolen. If you do find that guy, the right thing to do is call the police, and let them take care of it. The "feel right" thing to do.. is beat the hell out of him, break his fingers, and castrate him. But.. We all know that would be just plain wrong.. it would be fun, but wrong. You should try to find the X, and approach the person with it. Ask him if he wants to sell it.. where he got it.. how long he's had it. If the time matches, more than likely, it's yours. Good Luck

Old 01-21-2001, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

I've had 2 possible sightings on the
same street so I'm going up to that
area with some fliers to post all over.
Maybe when they see I'm close to finding
it they will just dump it somewhere and
it'll be found.

It's also possible they don't know it's
hot. They may just think the guy sold a
$1500-$2000 machine for a few hundred
because he is stupid. I would to think I
got a really good deal and find out it
was stolen. But then I'd be suspicious
of someone trying to sell an ATV fast &
cheap.

I got another tip on it just yesterday
and I'm going to inform the Sheriff's
Investigator it was seen by 2 people on
the same street. I have faith it will
return to me. Everyone here has been
very helpful, but then you meet the
nicest people on an ATV, unless it's
my X!

Old 01-22-2001, 04:17 AM
Range Rover

I had a 350x one time, it was also stolen. It was in a storage garage across from where I worked. At the time it was there, I didn't ride much and didn't go to storage often. One day , one of my co-workers went to the garage to get something and the lock was broken off---you guessed it, it was gone. In my time of sorrow, I made out a police report and did a lot of pouting. Then one morning I awoke to a phone call at about 5:45 am, it was my boss. He was quite excited and told me to "turn on the news". I thought that he had lost his mind but I turned the news on anyway. HOLY SH**, its my X. It seems that the people that had stolen it had been involved in a hit and run accident, that is they were riding it, got hit by a car and the car took off. The car was found about 8 blocks from the accident (stolen car). Both the car and the X were taken to impound. I went to impound and retreived my broken fendered, broken framed, bent wheeled, bent axled 3-wheeler to the tune of about $100 (they were generous enough to waive the storage fee). The kids that stole it went to the hospital, one released later the same day and the other near death. The one that was near death, I never found out what happened to him, maybe he died, I don't know. I feel no sympathy for either of the kids involved. The kid near death's uncle had stopped at where I worked and talked to me and was not very happy with me because I told him people get what they deserve, and if they hadn't stolen my wheeler in the first place, they wouldn't be in this predicament. I never saw the uncle again. The cops told me there was not much that I could do as far as getting any money for repairs because they were minors.
Sorry for rambling so much, just want the crooks to know--"WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND", you might even wind up dead.

Best of luck on getting the X back, hope that if the people get caught they get more than a slap on the hand.
Exer

Old 02-01-2001, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

Were the spottings true?? If they were, did u get it back or did the cops not do anything about it?? I was just wondering, i hadent heard for a while.

Old 02-01-2001, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, any luck? i have got to say, this thred is has got to be one of the oldest ones that keeps poping up!

Old 02-02-2001, 11:08 AM
Range Rover

Nothing yet unfortunately. But I have
learned that most ATV riders are the
salt of the earth. Thanks for all the
support. I'm not giving up!

Old 02-02-2001, 11:10 AM
Range Rover

When I find it, not if, I'll have a new
thread to post!

Quick Reply: Custom 350X with rainbow tank, axle extenders, HEFTY REWARD!!!