Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Replacing The Front Wheel Bearings

Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing The Front Wheel Bearings

I need to know if i need a bearing press or pull to replace my front wheel bearings on my rancher.
Any hints or tips could help.
Please post a reply.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really should get a good service and repair shop manual , with this one job it would pay for itself alone ; my brother has a 2002 Honda TRX 350 4x4 manual shift ! But the only thing he had to do on his was a rear hand brake cable and tie rod's ; and in both of these problem's were due to recall and were covered under warrantee ! I think he was going to get a shop manual for his , but they didn't have any in stock ; and i think they were on back order at the time ! If i see him this weekend i'll ask him if he ever got one , and i'll check back with you if he's got it ; in the meantime someone will most likly pop in and give you the info you need ! ..................

Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks. just send something back.
thanks alot

Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Press makes it easy. The correct sized socket and a vice also works. On 2 wheel drive models you can use a punch to slowly work one bearing out so you can gain easy access to the 2nd one. Some heat also helps. Remember, you want to push the bearing in via the outside race (closest to the drum), thats where a big socket helps. Try the best you can to keep the bearing even when removing/installing them or else they will jam.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

miser the post say's it's a Honda 350 Rancher 4x4 es , and i'm not sure what all you have to do to remove and seperate the the bearing's on his model ; if i had a good manual i could talk him through it i haven't seen my brother yet ! And the way my Bro does thing's he may not have gotten one yet either , but the Haynes manuals tell you what you tool's you need for a job ; and they have info that will give you any option's ( home made tool or tool's ) that you can use as a subsitute to get the job done right ! I alway's buy a good Service and Repair Shop manual when i buy any vehicle i plan to keep for any long term ! But i'm sure Honda_Rancher_2003 and i both thank you for any input you can give on any post that you reply to , and Honda_Rancher_2003 i haven't forgotten you ; i'll keep looking for the info and reply back if i find some ! In the meantime someone else might pop in with the info you need ! If i knew for sure what you need to do the job , most auto parts store like auto zone still have the loan a tool service for speacial tools program's in place. I've done many job's that required speacial tool's and rigged home made tool's and jig's that worked as well as those so called special tool's and that's why those manual's come in handy ! .............