Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Foreman Lift Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreman Lift Kit???

I have a 05 Foreman S and I'd like to get a lift kit for it.My question is does a lift kit give you more ground clearance or is it just a body lift?My buddies Polarias has to pull me out of the same mud holes he goes through because I'm bottoming out on ruts.If you could send me a link on where to get a lift kit that would be very helpful.
Also,I don't really know where to look for aftermarket accesories particularly hunting accesories like racks,storage boxes,and such.If you guys could name a few places for me to shop around that would be great.
Thanks,
JE

Old 11-27-2005, 10:59 PM
HR
Range Rover

Well as for a lift try highlifter.com.
the reason your getting pulled out if more then likely your solid rear axle. i'dd go with a better tire and bigget at that.
as for huntin i got and get 90% of my things from rockymountainatv.com they have the best prices i've found so far.
as for mud tire the best i have seen is http://traxms.com/Merchant2/merchant...achine-Triclaw
but the swamp lites and mud lites are good as well.
HR

Old 11-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply HR.I forgot to mention that I bought it with aftermarket tires on it.The tires are called Swamp Fox I belive it is.The salesman told me they were new to the market.They seem to hold up pretty good in the mud.I think that they are size 26 but not 100% sure(I'll double check).Is that a good size tire?Will a lift help me any?
Thanks again,
JE

Old 11-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Lift kits for those bikes are just spacers that go between the shock mount and the top of the shock so that the suspension is near full droop. Its not a nice kit like you can get for trucks that keeps all the geometry the same as stock. Its really hard on CV joints over time.

Save your $$$ and invest in more agressive tires that are taller then stock. Your stock tires are about 25" tall, you can fit 27's with no trouble, that'll give you at least 1" additional clearance, usually more becaue aftermarket tires squat less under load (squatting reduced Ground clearance). For the Forman 500 with floor boards, I'd reccomend highlifters fender bracket kit, it replaces the stock ones with stronger units that are positioned better and dont get rubbed by large tires.

I put 27" blackwaters on my forman 450s, stock suspension and on stock wheels ( to keep costs down). Best investmetn ever for the bike, no rubbing at all

Old 12-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

hey action i have seen you around before and just noticed that in your description it says that you rerouted your vent hoses....is that something that i can do myself. i have a foreman s, and i go through alot of water and mud....i am in the process of removing my front/rear racks and front bumber and coating them with a spray in bedliner material.....

Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 05 forman and i did just put lift on it....It also helped....your front end will gain clearence but the rear will not because of the straight axel....all you can do is get bigger tires for the rear but i was havin the same problem gettin stuck with my 27x9x12 mud lights .....but i got the 2"lift and 28x10x12 muddzillas and man i can go anywhere a polaris 800 and the new suzuki king quad can go cause my buddies have the same set up as me...

Old 12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cra5h
hey action i have seen you around before and just noticed that in your description it says that you rerouted your vent hoses....is that something that i can do myself. i have a foreman s, and i go through alot of water and mud....i am in the process of removing my front/rear racks and front bumber and coating them with a spray in bedliner material.....
Yes there's 4-5 hoses that go into the frame either side of the steering stem. If you cant find them, trace back the vent line from the front brakes, it'll lead you where you need to go. On the end of the rubber hose there is a plastic joiner that goes into a hole in the frame, I pulled each line out WITH the plastic joiner, and used it as a splice to attach the newer lonnger hose. I used a little silicone to ensure a good seal, I did this for each line, and ran them in the same place where all the wires going to the handle bars and then put them into the upper headlight. Now I can go through water up to the top headlight with no water getting in the diff's or brakes.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

so there are 4 lines? that go from each brake to the frame?
it is just hard to understand this as you are explaining...i understand the splicing and stuff but i just don't want to pull out the wrong one or anything....and what about a snorkel kit, do you think that is useful??? is there anyway you could snap a picture of the area you are talking about?? please....

Old 12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

There's a line from each differential, one from the back brakes, one from the front brakes (they T-into one line). I'll try to get a pic, but if you follow the vent line from your front differenital, it'll lead you where you need to go. No worry about taking out the wrong line as in this area they are all brake lines and they all have to be taken out and extended.

Snorkle is great, I modeled mine after the triangle ATV one, you have to be crafty to make one yourself though. I routed mine a bit lower so I can get at the spark plug (barely) with out having to make a removeable section like in their kit.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

i will check that out, i also saw that you have air horns!! what is up with that? i never heard of such a thing?!

Quick Reply: Foreman Lift Kit???