Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Wife's Bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife's Bike

So...I recently bought my wife a TRX250EX. After her first ride, she says to me, "Is that as fast as it goes? I think I need more power!"

Anyone have any ideas to push it to the next level cheaply and easily?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wife's Bike

It will respond pretty well to an aftermarket muffler and more free flowing air filter.

Keep in mind that this is shaft drive and based on the utility Recon. That means that the rear suspension in particular is limited. You get going to fast, and you will outride the suspension pretty quickly!

The balooney stock tires are just plain lame! I put on a set of ITP TrakStar radial tires, and they really contribute to the suspension and cuhsiness of the ride.

If the new Raptor 250 had been available when we got our 250s, I for sure would have gotten them instead!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife's Bike

Thanks for the quick response! Any reason you suggest just the muffler and not a pipe as well? Also, do you have any suggestions for pipes/ mufflers? What have you done to yours to give them a little extra kick? What about quickshot or products like that? I've ridden motorcycles for years, but this is my first foray into quads and I can't help feeling a little bewildered.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wife's Bike

It is a pretty basic entry quad, so it typically doesn't get moddend up to much.

I don't know if anybody even makes a header for this machine? I put on an FMF MegaMax II, but today I would go with the PowerCore4, and a UNI air filter. You can vent the airbox a little with the round UNI airbox vents, but keep in mind that the little engine will only handle so much air (to much and it won't ever jet properly).

http://www.fmfracing.com/produ...og.aspx?CategoryID=129