Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Home made snow plow 2006 500 foreman. UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home made snow plow 2006 500 foreman. UPDATED

A few pictures of a snow plow me and a friend made for my 500 foreman, still need to paint and do alittle blade work, and putting a thin plastic layer over front of the plow to help keep snow from sticking , and adding a cutting edge and feet..so if anyone has any idea's that would help, please drop me a line.

Update.. OK done.. painted and all little quirks fixed.. worked out good, the paint color probably could have been better, but the blade will get wore off after sometime, from what we had to work with i thought we have done pretty darn good, you can see the small shop that we built it out of in the backdrop of some of the new photos.. we did have to add some length to the pin the adjusts your angle, so it would not wobble as bad, put on cutting edge, straightened out the blade, added some lights and gave a little more curve, two of the pictures show one with blade on ground , the next with blade in the air, to show how much the weight drops the front end, not sure how much it weighs but not as bad as it looks.. and I like the weight better anyways, have to give cudo's to Ron, he did all the welding and we used all his tools. between the two of use I think we have a pretty good design, well let me know what you think.. John

links to pictures
http://baddog0690.myphotoalbum...?set_albumName=album13

Old 01-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Home made snow plow 2006 500 foreman

Looks interesting. Unique
Since the blade does not have much curve to roll the snow, I might suggest a piece of 1" angle iron across the top with a 4 to 6 inch rubber flap facing foreward all the way across the balde. Might help some of the snow from coming up and over the top also, as well as assist in rolling the snow.
I like the unlimitied height this is capable of lifting. Probably would not be hard to get more height out of it with a few pulleys and incorperate a small bucket in place of the blade.
I know there are times I wish I could cary snow with my quad instead of just pushing it around

----- Gimpster -----

Old 01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just bumping to the top.. updated, added more pictures.. its done..

Old 01-31-2008, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

curious to why bring the arms up and over the wheels versus having going in the center under the wheeler. i would think your setup will raise the front end when pushing a load where the tradition mount pushes down on the front end. i may be wrong, if your setup works thats great by all means.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

The main arms are hooked on just behind the front tires, pretty close to center of bike , and the weight of the blade, helps too, so it don't really push up when plowing, The reason for hooking on side instead of the under side, is I can raise the blade up over my head if I wanted to, and use it for a rain catchment. lol and it is hooked on above the frame so I don't lose any ground clearance.. in some of the pictures on last page, i drove up on the porch, cant do that with the kind that hook up underneath , I don't know how high the ones go that hook on in the front , that have the trailer hitch hookup, but with those i think it would lift up when plowing.. but have never seen those in action..this works pretty good, plowed about 2-3 miles of road today, also had my friend helping with his six wheeler, so cant take all the credit. you can see what we are doing in my sledding folder in the link above.. only a few pictures there, but you can see how high the sides of the road are in one of those, will be adding more pictures to the sledding folder this weekend.. thanks.. John