ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   TIE ROD (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/282064-tie-rod.html)

rhonda350 01-27-2008 08:37 PM

TIE ROD

i waz out on da trail today and i waz going around 40mph then there was this big ass bump i tryed to avoid it but my right tire hit it i heard something pop or snap then i got of and saw i broke my tie rod its just the end peace that i broke i went to honda and got me a new tie rod end when i got home i tried to get the tie rod end off but it wont move i tryed again but it still wouldent move the tie rod is a screw on screw off i mean that u twist it off and on wat u think i should do before i spend lots of money at honda to repair it i have a 350 rancher

joshjines 01-27-2008 08:44 PM

TIE ROD

use wd-40 and beat it off break it off or something sense it is bad anyway just brake it off JUST KEEP TRYING SORRY COULDNT BE MORE HELP

JeffinTD 01-27-2008 09:57 PM

TIE ROD

Are you meaning that you can't get the tie rod end off the tie rod, or is it the stud part that won't come off?

If you mean getting it off the tie rod, you will need to use two wrenches to break the lock nut free, and one side is left hand thread.

If you are talking about the stud part, once the nut and cotter pin are off, you may have to pry or smack it a little. Removing the inner fender might make access easier.

Red400EXRod 01-27-2008 10:46 PM

TIE ROD

Keep in mind also that one end of the tie rod is regular thread and the other is reverse thread.

rhonda350 01-27-2008 10:56 PM

TIE ROD

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

Are you meaning that you can't get the tie rod end off the tie rod, or is it the stud part that won't come off?

If you mean getting it off the tie rod, you will need to use two wrenches to break the lock nut free, and one side is left hand thread.

If you are talking about the stud part, once the nut and cotter pin are off, you may have to pry or smack it a little. Removing the inner fender might make access easier.</end quote></div>

im trying to get the tie rod end off the tie rod
and the other peace to that connects to the tire it looks like a ball

JeffinTD 01-28-2008 12:33 AM

TIE ROD

Then you just need one wrench on the square section of the tie rod end, and another wrench on the lock nut to loosen the lock nut before you can thread the joint off the tie rod.

I think it's the innter joint that's left hand thread, but look at the threads to be sure you are reefing on it the correct way.

rhonda350 01-28-2008 12:51 AM

TIE ROD

Then you just need one wrench on the square section of the tie rod end, and another wrench on the lock nut to loosen the lock nut before you can thread the joint off the tie rod.

I think it's the innter joint that's left hand thread, but look at the threads to be sure you are reefing on it the correct way.</end quote></div>

the thing is that it wont come off its like stuck or something

JeffinTD 01-28-2008 12:56 AM

TIE ROD

The lock nut will be tight. It might be easier to take the cotter and bolt of the other tie rod end, and remove the tie rod from the machine.

rhonda350 01-28-2008 01:03 AM

TIE ROD

The lock nut will be tight. It might be easier to take the cotter and bolt of the other tie rod end, and remove the tie rod from the machine.</end quote></div>

i just dont want to strip the tie rod end peace trying to get it off

JeffinTD 01-28-2008 03:06 AM

TIE ROD

Just make sure you are positive which way the threads are on the one you are taking apart.

Worst case, the tie rod isn't that expensive...

BTW, what year is your machine? Was it part of the tie rod end recall?