ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Honda Rancher ATV's shifter (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/294368-honda-rancher-atvs-shifter.html)

larrob44 07-20-2008 01:44 AM

Honda Rancher ATV's shifter

Never buy a Honda with ES shifter unless you like having it stored at the dealer for shift replacement or want to add a hand shifter stick.

Pass the word and stay away from them---you will get stranded or stuck dealing with the hand shift problems.

HondaMechanic 07-20-2008 08:04 AM

LOL .. I read your other posts .. Either get another dealer to work on your ESP system or buy a Chinese bike..

Capita 07-20-2008 08:56 AM

I did hear some people having trouble but isn't the majority working? I personaly like the foot shift though.

reconranger 07-20-2008 09:20 AM

Anybody can see that the most common single problem post here in the Honda forum us with the ES system.

Jerkyking 07-20-2008 02:21 PM

No problems here... Love mine.

Pakman 07-20-2008 02:31 PM

I would have to say that I love my ES. I borrowed my friends 00" 450 and loved it so much I got my own. I will admit that I have had some problems but they have all been self enflicted. I wouldn't trade it for any other bike.

angler 07-20-2008 03:23 PM

I don't know why everybody rag's on the ES system for. Yeah it will have problems like anything else but if the majority of them were having problems, I don't think Honda would continue to make them.

Me I prefer the ES over the foot shift because I can keep my feet out of the mud while mudding. I have over 5600 miles on my rubicon and have not had a single problem with the ESP. Of course about half of the time I am using automatic.

T_Bone 07-20-2008 05:47 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: larrob44

Never buy a Honda with ES shifter unless you like having it stored at the dealer for shift replacement or want to add a hand shifter stick.

Pass the word and stay away from them---you will get stranded or stuck dealing with the hand shift problems.</end quote></div>

You have to remember this is a forum where if someone has a problem, they come here for help. People don't come here or any other forum, to say how well there machines are working without problems

How many hundred of thousand of ES machines has Honda built that has problems? From what I've read, not very many vs how many has been built. That's a pretty darn good track record.

I for one didn't buy my machine to use it too swim under water. They make a different machine for that and it does swim very well. So if you buy a ATV to use for part of your SCUBA gear, I would bet your going to have alot of other
problems before your done.

CoachB47 07-20-2008 07:18 PM

I agree with you T...my question is that if it is a problem and there aren't many of them, then why are some people not getting it fixed under warranty...or are these people just full of BS? If I have a problem with my ESP, I can guarantee that my dealer will fix it for free or heads will roll.

sac7000 07-20-2008 07:57 PM

For what it's worth I have the manual shift on my rancher and all the folks I ride with who have ES shifters claim zero problems.