Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda's NEW Polaris copy - hot news

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-1999, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stark,
Ok then I'll do a damn wheelie for your entertainment!!! Happy now.
So on your theory a Dodge Charger with a 440V-8 isn't a muscle car if it is an auto & the fact it weighs a lot. Interesting point... Too bad you're a fool. My friends have 300EX's I can run them in the ground on my Scrambler if I want. That's on any terrain we have been on so far. In fact the day my brother brought his Sport home with it only being 2 hours old he raced his friends 300EX (12.1 piston, bored, carb, exhaust, +2 axle, +2 a arms etc. etc) and whooped him good. Not only in a sraight line but everywhere they rode, my brother was on him. And his friend has even raced quads & dirtbikes so it's not the rider. If you're wondering about the line I wrote about racing people when the Sport was 2 hours old... No it's not BS, my brother is just an idiot. I don't usually knock other peoples rides because I'm happy to ride with anyone (even my other friend on his 300 fortrax), but if I had to just to prove my point I'd run your little 300EX in the ground like a spiked nail too.
You need to grow up and stop coming in here being an ***. Kinda makes me think you ride alone now
If I was a Honda guy, (which I was)I'd be ashamed if some one the rode the same quad as me and made a point to brag it up & act like a **** & take the chance of stereotyping Honda guys as morons.
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 (New & improved with RCR kit and more raisins than ever) & '99 Trailblazer for Baby Butt Cheeks...

Old 08-19-1999, 09:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Chris,
You've never seen a Scrambler ride a wheelie? Ive seen a few polaris's that ride BACKWARDS wheelies..(you know, override the reverse, 4x4 locked in. Really quite amazing). Oh, they ride 'em forward too! So before you go knockin a machine, youd better know what you are talking about. Do you really think you could keep up with a Scrambler 400 or 500 4x4? The first sign of mud or debris on the trail and youd be looking for a way around it. You are the one lmited to straight lines and small hills. The Scrambler would whoop you.

RoostKing...

Old 08-19-1999, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Cstark,
Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you pics of my 97 NON H.O. Scrambler 500 riding wheelies..
Then YOU send ME pics of YOUR 300 EX riding wheelies in REVERSE!!...
I've owned a 97 Honda 300 ex and know their capabilities.. thats why I got rid of it and kept the Scrambler!!..

Old 08-19-1999, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Mr. Stark, too bad the moderator removed your pathetic little post in the Polaris thread before you got to read my retort, or did you, and realized how much of an **** you made yourself look like and crawled back into your hole? Oh yea, better hurry up and finish you back to school shopping!

RK...It appears that there is at least one thing we agree upon. Or is this the same RK from the old forums ?

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 08-19-1999, 11:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

well guys my question is why do they detune all the motors that they put in quads? dirt bikes are lighter so in theory shouldnt they soup em up for the extra weight? well i have the 84 suzuki so i d take any quad over it but hell it was free!i sold the blaster so im stuck with this stoneage rocket

------------------
Robert Hammond---and one BAD Suzuki lt 125 '95 Blaster RLH151@Aol.Com

Old 08-20-1999, 03:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A400L,
Yes its the same RoostKing from the old forums. I cant believe all these people that bash Polaris's. I do not own one, but at least I know the Scramblers and Sport are pretty good and fast machines.

--------
RoostKing...

Old 08-20-1999, 06:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robandkc asks:

"well guys my question is why do they detune all the motors that they put in quads?"

Since quads are much heavier than dirt bikes, and since quads often start up or move at slow speeds on grades without the momentum of swifter two-wheelers, quads should develop torque and power peaks at lower rpms than bikes; further, these peaks should be separated . . . oops! Sorry, Arctic Cat riders, I'm drifting off into "smart talk" again!

E-mail me, Robandkc, if you want to discuss this further.

Tree Farmer

Old 08-21-1999, 02:51 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Tree Farmer. You know how that stuff gives us Arctic Cat owners brain freezes.

------------------
Arctic Cat 500, Not your average Kitty, The New King Of the Jungle

Old 08-22-1999, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

YAAAWWWWWNNNN

Old 08-22-1999, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

This whole thing is stupid. I bought my quad because it not only is the best quad in it's class, it's the only quad it's in it's class. Because it's the machine that suits me and my riding style best.

If Honda made a "Scrambler Clone" with a light weight, better handling chassis, and a 5/6-spd tranny with a clutch, would I prefer it? Yes I would, it doesn't matter if Honda, Yamaha, or even Polaris, made it, I would buy the quad that suited me best.

And reverse wheelies are really cool. Even the utility machines can do it. The Magnum 500's at the last mud run I was at doing reverse wheelies in the mud got a lot of attention....so did the stuck Foreman’s. :-)

Quick Reply: Honda's NEW Polaris copy - hot news