Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Masstraxion off brand Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Masstraxion off brand Honda?

I bought a 250cc ATV and the guy I bought it from said it was a knock off Honda. Can anyone confirm that? Or tell me how I might confirm it for myself?

Thanks

TL

Old 12-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

they say the sincerest form of flatery is immitation. but please if if dose not say honda, have a honda VIN#, or are sold by a reputable honda dealer, it is NOT a honda! honda wont put its name on anything that 1.it dose not produce, and 2. it wont stand behind. it may be modled off of a trx250, but that is it... if its a chinese ATV good luck, but have fun tryong to get parts or long jevity out of the mechine. its just modled off of a good product, but chances are if it sells for less than the origional they cut corners to do so...

i have seen some "slightly-legal" companies advertise a FORMAN for sale in adds. they are betting some schmo will not notice the diffirence in spelling from a HONDA FOREMAN, note the E in the real deal. this is just barely legal, and they are trying to sucker people by getting close to a trusted manufacturers name.

you bought an "off brand", probably chinese, ATV that has next to nothing to do with honda( or ANY other manufacturer for that matter). please do not perpetuate the salesmans myth of it being anything close to a honda

Old 12-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. Any idea where to get a off brand manual?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

honestly, i coudnt say that there even is a manual out there... most likely source for a manual like that is the dealer you bought it from

Old 12-27-2008, 03:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought from a private party and he did not have it. I guess I may be SOL as I have tried every web search so I figure joining a couple of web forums for ATV's as I did today may yeild some results here in the near future. We'll I'll see I guess but thanks for your input.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Look on the motor for any stamps. If you can at least find the company that made the motor, you have a place to start.

I couldn't find anything on the brand Masstraxion.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Learn a lesson here folks....these off brands, are wasted money!!!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think anyone that is an experienced rider and can afford it, should buy name brand machines. What I have purchased was a novice rider's first machine. It's disappointing to see the wasted negative comments. The machine runs absolutely flawless and is in near perfect condition. I, being a very budget conscious consumer, did not feel it necessary to purchase a name brand (for a name brand triple what I paid) for my families first quad but rather see if we even enjoy the recreational outlet/sport and my future purchases will be for the better quality machines, Honda, Polaris or Yamaha. I paid $800 for this 2005 Masstraxion 250cc, auto tranny w/reverse. I am merely searching for a manual or a source that may be able to provide one so I can perform service and maintenance on the machine and if you can help fine if not, understand your opinion is your opinion and would appreciate it if you could stay on topic re:maunual rather that waste your typing energy offering unsolicited advice.

TL

Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have friends who purchased these machines for some of the reason you just mentioned! Six months later, the machine is rusting out in a corner of the back yard, because it quit running and they couldn't get parts or service...or even find a service manual!

Years of experience have proven that those on a budget are far better off buying a used name brand machine, than a brand new no name......

Old 12-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

i backup reconranger 110%. you buy name brand because people trust it, and you can get service and parts. plus these name brand companies work hard for there reputation and will try hard to not produce crap. while other "fly-by-night" off brand companies dont care how good there mechines are, just that they sell them.....

i actually tried searching for the "namebrand" and i cant find anything for atv's.
a much wiser investment would have been to purchase an older used model atv....

sorry, i know it sucks to hear that you may have done something, well dumb, to some people. but really this can be a valubal lesson.

Quick Reply: Masstraxion off brand Honda?