Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What is your closest ATV wipeout/crash/embarrassment?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your closest ATV wipeout/crash/embarrassment?

Any good stories of any close calls that could of ended or did end in disaster or embarrassment?

Old 05-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

I had a 2001 Rubicon that was totaled. I was riding somewhere in Tennessee, can't remember the name, with a couple other buddies. We came to this steep long hill, the guy in front told me to go for it so I did. So I hit it as hard as I could and I was doing pretty good until I came upon two humps towards the top. I made it over the first one fine but when I hit the second one, I made it over but I lost all my momentum. I tried to use the brakes to stop from rolling backwards but they did not hold. As soon as it hit the second hump, it flipped end for end about 5 or 6 times before it hit the bottom. Luckily I was able to bail out before the first flip. I just sat there watching the whole thing. Went down and checked it out and it was all screwed up. Racks were bent, handlebars bent, front end all messed up. The bike started but would sputter when I gave it gas. That was a long ride home.

That was the worst thing that ever happened. I had a couple other small mishaps but no big deal.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

OMgosh! you were so lucky!!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default here

YouTube - What not to do at the Badlands

Here is mine

We're not all as fortunate to have a wife/co-rider/cameraman at hand when we screw up

Old 05-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

When we went ridin on sunday, I had a crash right in front of me,

there was a little girl on a little chinese 110, and she stopped in the middle goin down the hill, and then her mom, on a grizz 450, swerved up the side of the little bank to avoid here, and she flipped and landed right on the little girl and her quad, we ran up and fliped over the bikes to get the girl out, and thank goodness she was ok, she was crying, and her foot was hurting, but I thought for sure something worse happened, and luckily she had a helmet on, or it would have been worse

Needless to say, it scared the crap out of me

Old 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

last week i was trying to hydroplane across a large puddle that ended with me upside down in at least 8 inches of water and mud in just about every crevice but the thing that sucked the most was riding back home with bent Handel bars and a screwed up carb that wold bog down and stall

Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

The most odd accident I had was in first gear on my yfz. We had just come up a river bank. I was standing making a left turn to head toward a lease road. I didn't see the metal something sticking out of the ground. My left tire hit it and stopped me dead in my tracks. It through me off because of the angle and I spun at the same time. I landed on my feet facing my quad with the clutch still being held! Everybody was cracking up that was behind me.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up

no bad atv crash yet, but totaled my 2000 silverado ext. z71 two weeks ago, went noise first over a colvert into a creek with large rocks, good is sore but no serious injuries.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rich1340
YouTube - What not to do at the Badlands

Here is mine

We're not all as fortunate to have a wife/co-rider/cameraman at hand when we screw up
Very nice !! LOL...your wife got a good laugh from it!!

Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

back a good while ago i took a night ride over at the apple orchard that was right down the rode from me, i was with my buddy on a z400 neither of us had helmets lol, and as soon as i got across the road and started heading up a path on the orchards i punched it wide open and about 100ft up i hit a small telephone pole that was layin half way across the trail it knocked me unconsious immediately thats last thing i remembered friend said my bike tumbled and i flew off of it then my bike drove it self across the street in like 4th gear and traffic stopped and it just drove right between the cars and smacked a strip club sign and broke it then shut off,i woke up with blood all over my head and just asked my friend what happened and was all scrambled up i didnt know what happened lol, had stitches it my forehead and staples on top of my head, luckily i had a spare bike to swap axle,steering stem,bars,rims,tie rods,a-arm,front plastics,grab bar off of, the first mistake was going fast through a trail you havent ben on in a while, usually i go slow at first pass to check the trail out and stuff for logs and stuff like the one i hit, second mistake was the helmet. i hate hospitals and removed the stitches and staples myself, i got pictures of my head and stuff but i dont think people wanna see it lol.

Quick Reply: What is your closest ATV wipeout/crash/embarrassment?