ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   2009 Honda Rincon Review (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/314203-2009-honda-rincon-review.html)

06RinconRider 06-17-2009 08:39 PM

2009 Honda Rincon Review

The 09 Rincon seems to be a GREAT additon to the Rincon collection. The only thing I dont like about it is that it has NO powersteering, But Honda does have a couple of 4x4's with powersteering. I drove this sweet thing at a dealer where I am a FREQUENT customer, So I get lots of connections:nod::lol::nod: Anyways Honda almost makes it seem they have different tranny for the Rincons. At 8.2k you get a powerful 675cc engine with EFI. With the chokeless EFI you can easly start it in cold but warmup time is exceeded by a minute or two because of time for tranny fluid to warm up for operation. With its digital gauges and comfortable seat makes it THE best sport utility ATV by Honda today. I love it

Happy trails!

Turfguy 06-17-2009 08:55 PM

I have enjoyed my 09 Rincon so far. Only 250 miles on it so far. Next trip is scheduled for the last weekend of July. Looking forward to firing her up again.

JeffinTD 06-19-2009 11:39 AM

The Rincon's strong suit is its handling and suspension. It can really FLY over rough choppy stuff in comfort and control, but doesn't wallow and doesn't have excessive body lean on off camber stuff or fast sweeping turns.

The EFI is nice for cold starts, and transmission oil passages have apparently been revised since the 650, as the 680 will shift well with less idling in really cold weather.

They also have a reputation for being able to rack up a ton of miles/hours in rough use with only routine type service items (as long as you keep it serviced).

Its biggest drawback is high gearing. The mudder crowd is having to install a gear reduction kit to run much more than moderate 27"ers.

Also engine braking on a steep downhill will have you doing about 12 where you'd be doing 2 or maybe 3 if you were in low on a Foreman or Rubicon. Some don't mind using the brakes (or going faster) and some find it a deal breaker.

Anyway, I'm happy with mine, but wish it had about a 4x reduction low range, and power steering.

06RinconRider 06-19-2009 12:11 PM

Yeah the low range is definitely a must for steep climbs/mud, I just got swamp lites on mine. I LOVE the way you can change to an auto or manual transmission the manual is more for semi-aggressive riding whereas the auto is usually most wanted when riding light trails. I have put over 400 miles on it I use for alot of touring the only drawback to that is that the rack capacity is so low rear is 133lb front is 66lb. so you cant really put a two up rider box on it unless your "chauffeuring" the kiddies around. I usually encounter alot of gooey muck during early spring thats when the swamp lites come in handy but after that I go to the bear claws.

07bloomfieldb 06-24-2009 02:45 PM

Does anyone listen to the wight limits? Sorry maybe this is showing theh fact that i'm primarily a utility user.

reconranger 06-24-2009 03:56 PM

Honda has always used very conservative rack weight limits! I ride my Ranchers like they are 4wd sport quads, and I don't get loaded down so that has never been an issue for me.

JeffinTD 06-25-2009 07:15 AM

A person can overload quads, but do so at your own risk. It will make it more tippy.

Also, I'm not a big fan of those storage box/seats. On a machine designed for one rider they put the passenger's weight too close to being right over the rear axle.

I've had the chance to get a ride on a 2 place machine or two, and the extra length doesn't effect tight trail riding as much as you would think. If you were planning on a passenger a significant amount of the time, and wanted to do so safely, I'd suggest going that route.

Just my .02.

06RinconRider 07-11-2009 01:35 PM

I just dont wanna break a quad thats not mine LOL Heh

sutterby650 01-29-2010 08:54 PM

Honda Rincon is the best around!

I've been reading allot about the 680 rincons. I have a 650 rincon that has never been to a shop once. I bought it brand new, and I'm very proud to say as of now it has over 13,000 miles. I know your thinking i must be joking or very high, but I'm not kidding. I drive this thing to my work, to the gas station, its endless i drive it anywhere i can. I've had it all over the mountains of TN. I ride with several brute forces and grizzlys, all i might add are newer then mine and have been in the shop plenty of times. The most I get is flat tires. Now tires I've had allot of, as you could only emagine with that many miles. Now I hear allot of people dogging them over there trannys. The easy fix to that is to use the proper fluid and give it a little time to warm up. Now i do beat the living hell out of this thing so maintance is something i kept up with always. It may not be the fastest, but everyone i ride with wants my four wheeler by the time were done ridding. I recomend the rincon to anyone who wants there moneys worth and i will be purchasing another one as soon as mine has enough of me. Just thought I'd share that with all who has doubts about the awesome rincon.

JeffinTD 01-30-2010 08:24 AM

One of the guys on another forum posted photos of his Rincon dash, with around 30,000 on it.

I'll have to see if I can find it later.