Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

'10 model's

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy '10 model's

I was really hoping that Honda would come out with a V-Twin Ricon this year. I see the models are out on there site, and the Rincon has no new update's. I was seriously going to switch from my 800 Polaris, which has been good to me. I guess I'll wait another year. I have a 350 Rancher that has been bulletproof for 9 years.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Honda's are bulletproof because they keep the power down to that of a lawn mower or generator. I wouldn't wait for Honda to come out with anything very powerful.

If you want a great, hard working and reliable machine, then a Honda is very tough to beat. But it doesn't have anything on the competition for power or speed.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Outback31
I was really hoping that Honda would come out with a V-Twin.....
Never going to happen! Happily(!), Honda marches to a different drummer than all the other manufacturers who produce their "cookie cutter" belt drive big bores!

People need to quit bitching about Honda and buy another brand if they think they don't like what Honda is producing! Meanwhile, Honda will continue to sell thousands of Ranchers.....

Old 07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by reconranger
Never going to happen! Happily(!), Honda marches to a different drummer than all the other manufacturers who produce their "cookie cutter" belt drive big bores!

People need to quit bitching about Honda and buy another brand if they think they don't like what Honda is producing! Meanwhile, Honda will continue to sell thousands of Ranchers.....
Can we bitch about the PRICE increase for unchanged models???????????????????????????

Old 07-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BuckBilly
Can we bitch about the PRICE increase for unchanged models???????????????????????????
Nothing to bitch about. It's called inflation. Everything gets more expensive to make and to buy.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by sprayedgt
Nothing to bitch about. It's called inflation. Everything gets more expensive to make and to buy.
To BAD inflation has flat lined. Price of labor and materials are down.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

The Consumer Price Index increased 0.7 percent in June after rising 0.1 percent in May. The increase was mostly due to the gasoline index, which rose 17.3 percent in June and accounted for over 80 percent of the increase in the all items index. What cost a dollar in 2007 is about $1.07 in 2009. So I would say it has not flat lined.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by reconranger

If anything its a testament to Hondas quality....people get MAD because they really want a Honda but cant find a model that does what they need. Im looking for a 400/450 CC utility ATV with IRS being a MUST. Id love a Rancher with the ESP tranny and IRS but its not an option. Id buy one today if it was. The auto trans adds a LOT to the cost.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

It's kind of a shame to see no major updates in their lineup. I'm still waiting on a Rincon with low gear, or possibly something like the Hondamatic tranny that's in the Rubicon. I think they're just trying to focus on their biggest seller, the Rancher, all of the updates lately have been done to those. Oh well, I still love my Foreman.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jawsh
I think they're just trying to focus on their biggest seller, the Rancher, all of the updates lately have been done to those.
Actually, from a business point of view this may make the most sense! The other companies have gone hog wild trying to outdoo each other with one after the other long travel unstable expensive big bore mush box monsters, while Honda's market niche has been to dominate the medium size/ medium price utility market with a sweet handling, stable, reliable machine.....that isn't driven by a rubber band.

The big bores get all the attention, but when it comes time to make a purchase, a $5,000 medium size quad is what the majority of folks will take home with them. It will however be a mistake for Honda to load the Rancher down with a bunch of "features" like power steering, that will drive the Rancher's price up. The Rancher AT price in particular is getting up there where where some folks will (ignorantly!) pick a big bore instead.