Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

No More RUBICON Ofr 2010

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to make a big deal out of this folks.....it is simply that because of low demand and/or high inventory, most models will not be produced new in 2010, but THERE ARE STILL WAREHOUSES FULL OF 2009's FOR SALE. Once demand increases and/or inventory drops, these will come back at some time in the future. Simply makes good business sense!

Interesting to see that there is a new Honda street bike out that uses the "dual-clutch" transmission, also found on the Rancher 420AT. Will this be the wave of the future??? Will we see the other ATV automatic trans designs fall by the wayside in the future?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 2011 machines will be released in june/july......i only hope we see some much needed inprovements in the foreman/rubicon line up.............as of now there are not many manual shifts left at the dealers and there are none in the warehouses.....however they have lots of es models and if you want a foreman you probably gonna have to get an es model or wait till summer for some new stuff.....but if you wait your ganna pay alot more than you will now...

Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Red Rider

At times like this, you can see what sells....Ranchers!

Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the riding that we do during the summer a 350 would work but in the winter a small cc ATV just doesn't cut it in deep snow.

Our Rubicon lacks power in deep snow, as soon as you put it in low range you loose all of your momentum and you're done.

I went riding with a friend and he rode a new Polaris 550 Touring and I rode a 09 BRP 2-up 800. As soon as he dropped into low range I'd just blow past him still in high. In deep snow the big bores are king.

I really have no interest in a Rincon and wont buy one just because it's a Honda.

This Suzuki 750 King Quad would be my choice right now; I'd take a white one too.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

why Honda may just drop the Rubicon; four answers (take your pick):

4) Starting with the Rubicon, Honda is fazing out their entire line of ATVs to expand on
the line of Big Reds. There will be no Hondas in 2011 except sport quads and Big Reds.
Then in 2012 only Big Reds, and then only as electric model crewcab longbeds.

3) The Rubicon is an old-design, 3-wheel drive, dinosaur of an ATV. Its demise is long
overdue. Farewell. It won't be missed except by a couple of old farts with strange,
old-fashioned ideas of what an ATV should be.

2) The Rubicon is a slow seller and Honda wants to sell all the remaining 2009 models
before releasing a 2010. Even if there are no revisions, there is a bunch of 2009 models
that need sold before they could start production of 2010s.

1) The Rubicon has always been a very low-profit machine for Honda due to the
transmission. With the revised Rancher taking more space on the line there is little need
for the Rubicon.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The Rubicon because of its expensive tranny is a expensive 500 Utility with dull performance,when it comes back with efi it will still perform the same and cost even more. IRS ,read disk brake and a diff lock would stand out more for the rubicon then EFI will.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Red Rider

Honda will do whatever it wants...and make a bundle of money doing it! Especially in this economy, folks will be looking for the best bang for their buck, and that means that expensive models will suffer!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

I think Honda will add a diff-lok about the same time they start using belts.

One again I was unable to conquer a snow covered hill due to my "3-wheel" drive.

Back in 2001 when we purchased our Rubicon it was the King of ATVs and has been an excellent ATV and has served us well over the years, but things change.

I could care less if an ATV has EFI, switchable 4-wd or disc brakes and IRS is actually a negative to me due to side hill stability. The center of gravity is a concern and that's one place that I feel Honda excels; but what am I willing to trade off for the low center of gravity?

And I don't think that I'm willing to trade a pull-start for PS either.

What I am interested in is more HP for winter riding and a front locker that I can control.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
The Facility

This is a repeat of 1989 and not simply a game of inventory reduction.

I could write a book about complex this really is. But overall, it comes down to the fact that Honda's lineup 3 years from today will look nothing at all like it did in 2009.

Those who followed the industry closely in the late 80s and early 90s know exactly what I'm getting at.

Don't be fooled into thinking this is all about inventory reduction. Hell, dealers can get you a brand new 2003 400EX without reverse any day of the week, and sell it below 3500 and still make a profit.

The underlying issue is NOT that sales of Hondas were down in the bad economy...it was the fact that their sales hurt far warse than other OEMS in the economy. Going from #1 to #3 in sales in less than 9 months is a good sign that your lineup overall is terrible! Doesnt take an economist to figure that one out.
Honda is at the drawing board and it's merely a matter of waiting it out.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

I hope you're right and they make something that fits my needs. Our Honda has been very good to us and would not hesitate to buy Honda again but I'm not going to buy just because it is a Honda.

Quick Reply: No More RUBICON Ofr 2010