ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   plastic cleaner (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/341270-plastic-cleaner.html)

quadtrx400ex 11-28-2011 07:34 PM

plastic cleaner

I have a bunch of scratches in my plastic on my atv and i was wondering if anyone new a cleaner that could get rid of them or just make the plastic shiny. the plastic is on a 04 400 ex and is flexible.

mudslinger2 11-28-2011 07:57 PM

Cleaner on scratches!

Originally Posted by quadtrx400ex (Post 3079580)
I have a bunch of scratches in my plastic on my atv and i was wondering if anyone new a cleaner that could get rid of them or just make the plastic shiny. the plastic is on a 04 400 ex and is flexible.

I don't think that cleaner eliminates scratches! If you are looking at just making them shiny scratches, I have found tire shine on the plastic and then wiping with a rag makes it look good!

budedm 11-29-2011 07:21 AM

I wonder if carefully using a torch will melt the scratches out???? Never tried it.

jgar 11-29-2011 11:47 AM

armorall

TacticalRedneckofKentucky 11-30-2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by budedm (Post 3079631)
I wonder if carefully using a torch will melt the scratches out???? Never tried it.

i'll let you try it first:D

if i did that id probably end up with some rough surfaced plastic

but anyway

i use armour-all to

it really blackens your seat if youve got a black one.

only slid off twice to:D

quadtrx400ex 11-30-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky (Post 3079902)
i'll let you try it first:D

if i did that id probably end up with some rough surfaced plastic

but anyway

i use armour-all to

it really blackens your seat if youve got a black one.

only slid off twice to:D

speaking of seats i got my quad used and is the red seat stock for the 04?

TacticalRedneckofKentucky 11-30-2011 06:49 PM

yep, some 400s have black, some red..
all confusing to me..:huh:
i try to shoot for a black seat though (personal preferance)

but ive seen confederate flag seat covers and stuff:nod:

Denguy 12-01-2011 11:53 AM

plastic scratches

My Rincon looked like it was sanded when I bought it used. I've tried all the recommendations on the forums and was not satisfied with any of them. What I ended up doing was wiping a thin coat of Acrylic Pledge Future Finish with a small sponge.

PledgeŽ with FutureŽ Premium Floor Finish

Hardens to a hard finish and you have shine that will not wash off or dirt to stick to. Ammonia will take if off and just reapply as necessary. The scratches are still there but now with shine and are unnoticeable.

quadtrx400ex 12-03-2011 08:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5638Attachment 5639

Originally Posted by budedm (Post 3079631)

Ya! Thats what I did we took 400 grit sand paper sanded all the fenders and then took a torch over it very carefully and it worked great!

quadtrx400ex 12-03-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Denguy (Post 3080073)
My Rincon looked like it was sanded when I bought it used. I've tried all the recommendations on the forums and was not satisfied with any of them. What I ended up doing was wiping a thin coat of Acrylic Pledge Future Finish with a small sponge.

PledgeŽ with FutureŽ Premium Floor Finish

Hardens to a hard finish and you have shine that will not wash off or dirt to stick to. Ammonia will take if off and just reapply as necessary. The scratches are still there but now with shine and are unnoticeable.

could you put some pics on please?