ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   1st timer-carb cleaner prob (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/353570-1st-timer-carb-cleaner-prob.html)

Babbles 10-13-2013 12:41 AM

1st timer-carb cleaner prob

2000 Rancher ES (TRX350FE) I got it all put back together but I have this medium sized spring left. (Not big spring on slide, not the tiny one on the pointy thing) Cranks, but only with choke. PLUS, it's steady leaking gas out overflow! OK, don't laugh. LOL. yes I'm female. It was fun... So, any helpers out there? It might be spring or the float stuck. May need to grab carb kit and rebuild. Help!

Scooter86 10-13-2013 06:59 AM

A lot of online vendors sell oem parts and have parts diagrams on the web to look at. That should help place your wayward spring.

Babbles 10-13-2013 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scooter86 (Post 3215712)
A lot of online vendors sell oem parts and have parts diagrams on the web to look at. That should help place your wayward spring.

Thanks Scooter86. I appreciate it. Will look for sure!

Babbles 10-13-2013 12:02 PM

Okay placed the spring (inside primer pump-a-ma-gig), doesn't leak gas out the overflow anymore. YEAH! Now trying to get it to stay cranked without having to have choke on. Any ideas?

drivers1492 10-14-2013 07:14 AM

Check for vacuum leaks on the carb boots front and rear thats about the most common place to crack when your pulling and replacing a carb. Since it runs full choke only your restricting airflow. Did you twist out the idle/mix screw when you had it off?

kormos_93 10-14-2013 08:10 PM

Adjust the fuel/air mix screw (long brass needle) but don't over tighten or it will break the end off. Should be a couple of turns out....adjust at fast idle.

Babbles 10-16-2013 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by drivers1492 (Post 3215794)
Check for vacuum leaks on the carb boots front and rear thats about the most common place to crack when your pulling and replacing a carb. Since it runs full choke only your restricting airflow. Did you twist out the idle/mix screw when you had it off?

Thanks drivers1492. I had carefully gauged the mixture screw prior to this. So, I knew it was something. It was still a clogged pilot jet I believe. Plus I changed other parts like gasket and pivot. I really seated the carb better this time too.

Babbles 10-16-2013 10:07 PM

Thanks drivers1492 and kormos_93. Ya'll are great to help out a nubbie like me! Ended up not having cleaned pilot jet we'll enough. While had it apart replaced sad looking pivot and rubber gasket. AND I drained tank,put new gas line, in line fuel filter and new cut off valve. Placed ethanol free gas in tank. Adjusted mixture screw and idle. Now PURRRRRRRSSS. IDLES WONDERFULLY!!! I'm so proud to have done it myself. Thanks to YouTube videos by d-ray he's awesome

drivers1492 10-17-2013 08:50 AM

Glad you got it running