Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

First Look: 2015 Honda Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default First Look: 2015 Honda Rincon

Over the past few years, Honda has introduced dozens of new powersports products. And this latest introduction of 2015 models keeps that momentum rolling with the addition of a new sport bike, significant updates to several models including the Honda Rincon Utility ATV...

2015 Automatic Honda Rincon Utility ATV Announced | ATVConnection.com

Old 06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Possibly the worst day I ever had on an ATV was riding a Rincon on the Paiute Trail in Utah. Brick-like steering, no suspension pre-load adjustment, no power steering available, and a limited slip front. I don't see that any of these areas were addressed. Am I wrong and missing something?

Old 06-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Possibly the worst day I ever had on an ATV was riding a Rincon on the Paiute Trail in Utah. Brick-like steering, no suspension pre-load adjustment, no power steering available, and a limited slip front. I don't see that any of these areas were addressed. Am I wrong and missing something?
Moose, are you sure that there wasn't something seriously wrong with the rincon you drove? Maybe it was in a crash and suffered frame damage? I'm very disappointed about the 2015 Rincon. Would have liked a locker and PS but the problems you had with the bike seem unusual.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by HondaR24
Moose, are you sure that there wasn't something seriously wrong with the rincon you drove? Maybe it was in a crash and suffered frame damage? I'm very disappointed about the 2015 Rincon. Would have liked a locker and PS but the problems you had with the bike seem unusual.
It's possible. It was a rental. It seemed like someone tightened the steering stem too much, if that's possible. I have been on many machines without power steering and the Rincon was, by far, the hardest to steer. I'm admittedly overweight but am built like a linebacker underneath all the excess. I've never had such a hard time steering a quad. Even on hard pack it seemed very stiff steering-wise. If I get a chance I'll borrow one again and see if it's any different. I used to have one of the heaviest quads out there. A Polaris Sportsman X2. Even with the dual springs and 400 lb. rear rating it didn't ride as bad as the Rincon did. I got the impression the Rincon was designed more for fire roads and smooth hard pack. We went down into Fish Creek Canyon off the Paiute Trail and hit just about every type of riding but snow and mud. Had some rough two-track climbs up rutted trails. I was wishing I had my Outlander. Maybe next time if we ever get out there again.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:08 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ATVC Correspondent
And this latest introduction of 2015 models keeps that momentum rolling....
"keeps that momentum rolling???

yeah, it's rolling all right..... backwards!

-

Old 06-05-2014, 10:06 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Except when they made the Rincon a 680 from a 650 that ATV has no changes of yet.
Its Honda flag Ship 4x4 yet it has the power of most 500 and 550 out their now.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

For what it's worth, Word on the honda forums is that this is the last year for the rincon and 2016 will bring upon a totally new flagship atv from Honda.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:24 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Honda has a awesome OHC 60hp 4 stroke motor in the XR 650 off road motorcycle . If the Rincon had that motor with the Rubicon tranny and Foreman diff lock they would catch up or surpass over night.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
Honda has a awesome OHC 60hp 4 stroke motor in the XR 650 off road motorcycle . If the Rincon had that motor with the Rubicon tranny and Foreman diff lock they would catch up or surpass over night.
It's a incredible motor. The 700xx uses a bored out version of the xr650r motor and that thing is a rocket. I'd love to see it in a new 4x4 but realistically they will probably just use the same 675cc ohv motor from the rincon with a totally new chassis/suspension and probably some of the missing features like PS and a locker. Probably 2 different shift maps like the pioneer has also.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by TLC
Add adjustable shock pre-load and power steering with a little more suspension travel and they'd have a winner.

Quick Reply: First Look: 2015 Honda Rincon