Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2001Honda Foreman Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001Honda Foreman Rubicon

It's me again. Got problems somewhere. My rubicon runs fine ideling. When I hold the engine revved up for about a minute and let off throttle it dies. Same way running down the road when I run it up fast and let off the throttle it dies. It has a hesitation when I first start off that also kills the engine. I mess around the the choke and it starts back up, but still does the same thing. Filter is clean, tried different plugs no change. Carburetor looks clean inside, but I know that don't mean it's any good. Hoping there a fix cheaper than the carb. It will set and idle all day. When it's warmed up and I pull the choke out it doesn't kill the motor, it just gives it a hi idle. Need help. Got someone coming to buy it tomorrow, but if I can't get it fixed, I wouldn't sell anything not running right. Thank you and Gods blessings to all.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:27 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like you have jets clogged and need to be cleaned,plus check float level and fuel supply to the carb. If you can't choke down a warmed up machine,only makes it idle higher,problem is usually in the carb.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Sounds like you have jets clogged and need to be cleaned,plus check float level and fuel supply to the carb. If you can't choke down a warmed up machine,only makes it idle higher,problem is usually in the carb.

Here is not a bad video on cleaning the carb in case it is helpful. Do not think jets are that expensive either, last ones I bought cost $7 a jet cdn but that was 20 years ago.