Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

03 recon (please help!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 recon (please help!)

Hello, I really need some help identifying whats wrong with my fourwheeler. Everything was running fine about a week ago until i put a light bar on it. Im not sure of i didnt hook up the wiring harness up properly or what but when i was riding with the light bar on the fuse blew. I tried to start it and nothing happened. I checked the fuses and the 15 one was blown and when i took the fuse out box was all burnt and black.i guess it over heated..i tried to put another fuse in it and i had to move it around alot just for my neutral light to come on because the fuse was wobbling all around in the burnt compartment and when i hit the electric start there was just a loud buzzing noise...so i thought it might be the battery and i tried a diffrent battery and this time it just blew all the fuses i put in there without me even doing anything. Heres a picture. Please help. Thanks

Old 11-06-2017, 07:02 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums. I've moved this over to the Honda section. Hopefully they'll get you up and running there.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Smile Thank you

Thanks, I appreciate it

Old 11-07-2017, 02:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

First off, YTX5 is way too small a battery, standard is YTX14. Check the terminals, some batteries have the posts one way round, some t'other you have to connect + to red (solenoid), - to black (earth).

You may have to fit a new fuse box, if you do, do it properly, preferably soldering the wires in place, but you must first find out why that fuse blew and fix it. Probably something wrong with your new light bar, but to fry the fuse box, the short was a big one, there may be burnt wires where it happened.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Old but

I know this is a old thread but my atv is still broke down and i need help. Im trying to find a replacement fuse box and i cannot find one online anywhere?? Am i not searching up the right thing?please help thanks

Old 03-16-2018, 03:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Any old in-line fuse box from eBay will do the trick, just cut the red wires and solder the new one in, but if you want to keep it standard you will need to buy that bit of wiring loom from a Honda dealer and plug it into the existing loom at the connectors.