ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Please Read, need Advice. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/375855-please-read-need-advice.html)

YamahaMoto 05-12-2018 11:28 AM

Please Read, need Advice.

Alright everyone, thanks for looking.

I have been learning more and more and getting bettor at fixing ATVs. Now that I'm getting bettor I thought it would be a good "job" for me to buy broken ATVs, fix them, and sell them.

But my question is, I found this 400ex (and I have a 400ex so thats my best field) for only $1,200. But the thing is, he said there is nothing wrong. Im not stupid, I know it has a problem but he docent say what it is. Should I still go there, buy it for around $1000 and keep pressuring him until he tells me whats wrong with it?

Her is the link:https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/m...580945060.html

Thanks

stephenwillis 05-15-2018 04:07 PM

I do think it is a good idea buying and selling atvs . I just started a year or two ago and I enjoy doing it. I would not bother going to get the 4Wheeler unless he tells you what’s wrong with it. But that’s just my opinion hope It helps

YamahaMoto 05-15-2018 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by stephenwillis (Post 3394111)
I do think it is a good idea buying and selling atvs . I just started a year or two ago and I enjoy doing it. I would not bother going to get the 4Wheeler unless he tells you what’s wrong with it. But that’s just my opinion hope It helps

Thanks for replying. He never replied to my text so I'm guessing he already sold it or he's just a B. What type of quads do u usually do the buying/selling with?

hydrex 05-15-2018 07:03 PM

I have made a good profit fixing and selling my last 3 ATV's. Once you learn how to tune a carburetor, you are halfway there. Just don't need to play games with idiots! I think any brand name ATV that has good bones, you can probably make a couple bucks on. Example, AC 500 Owner thought it had a bad motor. Nope it had crud in the gas tank. I bought it for $400 , sold it for $2,500! AC 400 that I bought for $1,400 , needed seat covered and brake pads. Sold it for $2,500. Put the money towards my dream ATV, a 2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel , bought for $3,500 and I love it.

YamahaMoto 05-15-2018 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by hydrex (Post 3394115)
I have made a good profit fixing and selling my last 3 ATV's. Once you learn how to tune a carburetor, you are halfway there. Just don't need to play games with idiots! I think any brand name ATV that has good bones, you can probably make a couple bucks on. Example, AC 500 Owner thought it had a bad motor. Nope it had crud in the gas tank. I bought it for $400 , sold it for $2,500! AC 400 that I bought for $1,400 , needed seat covered and brake pads. Sold it for $2,500. Put the money towards my dream ATV, a 2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel , bought for $3,500 and I love it.

Wow! You made some cash! Im getting pretty good at carburetor and decent at everything else so I think I'm doing pretty well. The one thing I'm clueless on is the Engine but my grandpa own an engine shop so I can learn from him.

Also, I just got a free law mower that smokes and hesitates going into drive and a free retailer that currently docent run. Im hoping to make some money off these. Does anyone have any ideas on the lawn mower that smokes bad and hesitates going into gear?

hydrex 05-16-2018 05:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
People like to pay top dollar for something that looks and drives mint. Replace any missing parts, replace any missing stickers, etc. Pretty easy to change fluids, slap on a set of new tires, maybe touch up some paint, make brakes like new, new drive belt if needed. Advertise for top dollar once you get it mint, don't settle for less. Pictures of the old Cats that I fixed up and sold. I got pretty good at replacing seat covers, haha. The 500 had about 9,000 miles when I sold it. The guy begged me to sell it to him with the 30" Mudzillas that I bought for a song. I kind hated them, haha.

YamahaMoto 05-16-2018 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by hydrex (Post 3394217)
People like to pay top dollar for something that looks and drives mint. Replace any missing parts, replace any missing stickers, etc. Pretty easy to change fluids, slap on a set of new tires, maybe touch up some paint, make brakes like new, new drive belt if needed. Advertise for top dollar once you get it mint, don't settle for less. Pictures of the old Cats that I fixed up and sold. I got pretty good at replacing seat covers, haha. The 500 had about 9,000 miles when I sold it. The guy begged me to sell it to him with the 30" Mudzillas that I bought for a song. I kind hated them, haha.

Thanks for the help and replies. I made a new thread in the "Other ATV topics" section for my mower and rototiller. All replies will be helpful.

Thanks

DirtDevil101 05-17-2018 11:36 AM

Well...buying used anything is a crap shoot, if you feel confident in your skillset it really shouldn't matter as I don't think anyone will "honestly" tell you everything they know about something. ATV's can be especially challenging because of the environment they run in...but just about everything is fixable...

nagami 05-17-2018 01:44 PM

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting threadhttp://gshort.click/isna/6/o.png