ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   Loosing power in mid-range only when gradually accelerating... (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/378187-loosing-power-mid-range-only-when-gradually-accelerating.html)

Parks1181 03-02-2019 06:25 PM

Loosing power in mid-range only when gradually accelerating...

If you saw my other posts I finally got the idle down, and jetting... or so I think! When I went for a test drive I gradually accelerated and I kept bogging out! In every gear.. but when I punched the gas it all the sudden pulled HARD. No power loss at all when hitting it wide open... what could I need to adjust on this, the valves? I’m new to 4strokes so I’m not too sure on what to do here...

Yoakum 03-02-2019 06:40 PM

I haven't seen your previous posts, but maybe the jet needle circlip is in the wrong position.

Parks1181 03-02-2019 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Yoakum (Post 3414218)
I haven't seen your previous posts, but maybe the jet needle circlip is in the wrong position.

I have the jet needle clip in 4th position and 162 main and 40 pilot

Yoakum 03-02-2019 10:25 PM

Can't say that I've got a definitive answer. It just seems that since the idle and full throttle seem to function, the mid range (needle) could be the culprit.
Try moving it one way or the other and see what happens (seems like the standard position is in the middle, so it might be a little lean?)

Parks1181 03-03-2019 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Yoakum (Post 3414226)
Can't say that I've got a definitive answer. It just seems that since the idle and full throttle seem to function, the mid range (needle) could be the culprit.
Try moving it one way or the other and see what happens (seems like the standard position is in the middle, so it might be a little lean?)

thats what I was thinking, I have it one clip richer in the 4th spot instead of the stock 3rd. Maybe I should move to the last one and see?

Lt Granddad 03-03-2019 09:31 AM

You may try moving it to the fifth but if it gets worse may have to go back to the 3rd. Which ct silencer is on there the 12 disc or regular end cap. The 162 shouldn’t be too fat on the main but if it’s starting too be the needle might have to go to the leaner side because your getting more fuel past the needle than the air going under the slide at lower rpm. How many turns did you go out on the fuel mixture screw.

Parks1181 03-03-2019 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Granddad (Post 3414242)
You may try moving it to the fifth but if it gets worse may have to go back to the 3rd. Which ct silencer is on there the 12 disc or regular end cap. The 162 shouldn’t be too fat on the main but if it’s starting too be the needle might have to go to the leaner side because your getting more fuel past the needle than the air going under the slide at lower rpm. How many turns did you go out on the fuel mixture screw.

i moved it to the 5th tick, it wouldn’t even move out if 1st gesr, went back to the stock 3rd position.. now all the power is there.. thank you for your help!!! And I’m running the 12 disc

Parks1181 03-03-2019 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Granddad (Post 3414242)

what’s the difference between the regular and the 12 disc?

Lt Granddad 03-03-2019 04:55 PM

Good to hear you got things straightened out. The 12 disc is tunable by running different number of discs. 12 disc most power and louder less disc litlle less power but quieter.

Parks1181 03-03-2019 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lt Granddad (Post 3414288)
Good to hear you got things straightened out. The 12 disc is tunable by running different number of discs. 12 disc most power and louder less disc litlle less power but quieter.

thank you for the information, I thought we got it straightened out but apparently not. I took it for a spin and it bogs out slightly less then the 4th clip. Should I go past stock and go to the second clip? If I’m correct that will make it leaner right? I don’t se how that would help though if it bogs out in the mid range -high range