Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What will the displacement of this new honda high prof. machine be?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2001, 12:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JUGGALO, i am sure an LT will beat a 250r and 400EX never said it didnt. they do make more power but have worse handleing to use that power, i thought that was pretty well known? Peaking of knowledge, dont tell me what i do or do not know, save the attacks for someone defenseless.

Old 07-29-2001, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

hey i'm just saying you should not bash quads that are faster than yours! they do handle worse but not as bad as u probably think they do.

Old 07-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Whats a 250R weigh in at? The 400EX is around 397#, if you shaved the electic start I imagine they would be pretty close weight wise (I'm guessing within 20#). A thumper will undoubtedly add some more weight to the equation but will have a more user friendly power band that may help all but the most advanced riders.

Old 07-29-2001, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Ok lets talk about this, Honda new Cfr motor would eat up just about every thing (if they dont detune it). It pumps out 55hp and it only weights like 20 more pounds then the cr250 motor. Gary every racer that you read about talks about how easy 4 strokes are to ride. As for you talking about the dirtwheels with cory ellis in it, when your on a race track and you have a 330r and the guy next to you has a yz440 and you lose, do win because you tires were spining? Nope, a race has to do with every part of your machine. If you learned how to ride a four stroke (Assuming you've ever ridden[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) you could go just as fast through the trails, track, or dunes.

Old 07-30-2001, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, where to start on this one.MT400Ex, I do NOT think Dirtwheels is God, go back and re read what I said.Hylton quoted dirtwheels to make his point and I said, if you want to quote Dirtwheels what about....Dirtwheels is one large gray area, they HAVE to bend the truth they are the window into the market.Just like the 400EX is a better desert machine than the Banshee..haha.Since everyone seems so content with 4strokes being"The Future of our sport" Tell me why they are.Why are 4strokes the future of our sport.Do you really think 2stroke off roaders contribute ANYTHING to the worlds overall pollution.Guess what there is more pollution every year from Barbeques, thats right barbeques.Noise!? Speaking of not knowing 4strokes, have you ever heard one of our "new" "future" 4strokes? They are louder than the comparable 250 2stroke,much louder!I have absolutly no idea what point you are trying to make about the 250R VS YZ440 article, but yes the 250R was the fastest.Also the article hylton was quoting, a funny note.I just got my issue and read the article(imagine that)and guess what...The 330R WON the drags.Read the article, don't just skim the chart, once again ooops another optimistic 4stroke typo.426EX, yes spinning your tires has alot to do with how fast you may be, you ever hear a rider who switched to 4strokes and talks about changing his riding style? Thats adjusting to the added traction in cornering.Traction is boring, whats more fun railing a corner or sliding through one and destroying a berm?More reliable?Thats a joke, yes 4strokes require less top end work, but the higher state of tune "Future 4strokes" require more top ends, and guess what.Its a very expensive and complicated job, that I bet most of you can't do.A 2stroke requires more top end maintenance than a 4stroke, but whats 20 minutes of work every couple seasons?Its lighter, fires every stroke, is easy to get power out of and easy to work on, the perfect design.