Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Deep Creek Riding.....Will it Hurt Anything???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound kinda stupid, but I have a Honda Recon 250 & we have all kinds of creeks around here and some of it is deep. One time I went through a pretty deep hole and I didn't realize just how deep it was and it stopped in the middle of it and the tailpipe was underwater and I had to get off and pull up on it and I finally got it out and when I did some blue-like smoke came out of the pipe just after I got it out. Then it quit after I reved it up a bit and rode it some. Does getting your tailpipe underwater hurt anything??? I mean, why was blue smoke coming out? I tried not to let any water in the pipe, but a tad bit might have got in. See, I dont do that much deep creek riding and I dont really know about all this stuff. When I get in deep creeks, what is some good pointers to do? Keep it reved high, go slow, go fast as you can, or what??? Somebody give me some tips.

Old 08-29-2001, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 350 rancher it goes good in water but i know people that have recons they seem to spit and sputter in water like there is a short and not just one i have saw two or three i ride with that do the same thing. I would check with someone who owns one. You can't beat honda's in water p.s. keep front of the bike bobing up and down when in deep water[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2001, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah but the hole im thinking about going through is only like about 2 1/2' deep, if not that??? What if your going through a creek thats only like a little over the tire deep?? Jusr enough to get to the top of the tailpipe?

Old 08-29-2001, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

I would help but I choose not to when people post crap like you did a month ago. Here is a refresher for those who missed it:

Posted by Jeffman:
Man, I sure am glad that I live in the country b/c I dont have to worry about this problem. My nearest neighbors is like 1/4 a mile up the road. One time I was riding up by their house on my 400EX, I dont mean just riding up and down the road, I mean just going by there then back, anyway, they called the cops and I just happen to drive by in my car and I saw them sitting there waiting for me. After a while they left. Later that night I fixed that. See at the end of their driveway they have something like a street light on a post that has a big round fansy glass thing around the light, I busted that out and glass was laying all over their driveway, and earlier that day I went fishing and I caught about 3 pretty good size bass and I cut open their stomach and let them dry out and start stinking all day. Then that night when I broke out their light I put those 3 stinking fish right in their driveway! So I showed them to not mess with me, b/c I get good payback! And they couldn't get the cops on me b/c nobody saw me and they have no evidence that I did it. Here about a month ago they moved. And when they were moving like carrying stuff out to the moving truck, I spun doughnuts in their yard and throwed dirt every where all over their porch and I yelled "SUCKERRRRR"! I sure am glad they moved, but i'll miss picking on them...lol!

Im really not a violent person, its just that when people make me mad, its payback time!!! (lol, if they were not going to move soon, I was going to flated their tires, lol)

Old 08-29-2001, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jeffman,Where do you ride around Shelby?I have been looking for some new good spots to ride.Let me know I live in Kings Mtn.

Old 08-31-2001, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

ccman157, I ride at Brown Mtn. its up near Morganton. There's another place this guy told me about and its in Whitmire S.C. Its call Enoree Trails. I used to go to this other place called Antioch until they closed it down b/c people got to getting killed there and they littered it up. Thats about all I know around here close. And DWavs, thank you for that smartass remark! You mean you have never got mad at your neighbors or anybody and got payback on them??? Like I said be for if you read it closely. Im really NOT a violent person!!! Ps. I really don't need your help, but thanx anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2001, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer

<< ccman157, I ride at Brown Mtn. its up near Morganton. There's another place this guy told me about and its in Whitmire S.C. Its call Enoree Trails. I used to go to this other place called Antioch until they closed it down b/c people got to getting killed there and they littered it up. Thats about all I know around here close. And DWavs, thank you for that smartass remark! You mean you have never got mad at your neighbors or anybody and got payback on them??? Like I said be for if you read it closely. Im really NOT a violent person!!! Ps. I really don't need your help, but thanx anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

In response to your question.
Have I ever gotten mad at my neighbors? Yes
Have I ever vandalized their property because I was mad at them? No

Maybe that's why our IQ's are seperated by approximately 60 points or so.

Old 08-31-2001, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jeffman,I have been to Brown Mtn. wasnt to crazy about it,No mud.I have been riding Antioch for 17 years,the only reason the law ran everyone off was,They were parking on the powerlines,I rode Antioch a couple of weeks ago,and they were about 15 people there,you have to know were to park at.I live about 2 miles from Antioch,I am riding with some friends in Lawndale above Shelby Sunday,they know some good trails there.talk to u later...

Old 08-31-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I agree 110% with DWavs

Old 09-01-2001, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

In a word 'YES' deep creek riding will eventually cause trouble, SO What. I think the fun of occasional submarining and accompaning costs are all in good fun. The real trick is when you start considering your cooling fan a trolling motor, or a midship screw.

Edit added: you wanted tips too? this is really simple, make sure that all the 'sealed' brakes are dry inside, and not sealing water IN. Check for water in the motor oil , and differential oil. If there is water in the oils it should be removed promptly, and fresh oil put in. Refer to teck tips on the procedures.

Quick Reply: Deep Creek Riding.....Will it Hurt Anything???