Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

rolled ex, wheels wobbling?? new clutch too??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 10:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi
well i was doing wheelies the other day and rolled my ex a few times. in the past few days i noticed that it was handling really strange. well i just got back from riding and i was comeing back home down the road and noticed that my front right tire appears to be wobbling. i think it is going from side to side but im not sire and the left side does this too but not as bad. any ideas on what is causing this?? the ite rods look straight( ill check better later) so could it just be the rims?? or the a-arms?? is it possible to bend the hub or spinle??

i also think i need a new clutch. i notice this becuase the past few times ive rode it seem like the gears are lower for some reason ( maybe its slipping a little? ) and the shifting it kinda notchy and it doesnt seem so smoothly go into the next gear it kind slams on the down shift

one last problem. i hear strange sound coming from what appears to be my top end. its like a clicking. but i just had the dealer adjust them lst weekend. could the bad clutch be making noise??

thanxx for any help you guys can give me

Old 05-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

I had slime in my tires and this caused my EX to wobble. I took the slime out and it has been fine since. Hopefully that is your problem. If you don't have slime in your tires than it probably is a little bigger problem. Check your clutch cable to see if it is too tight. This will cause clutch slippage.

Old 05-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

The Xr400/400ex series clutches will chatter when they are heated up from abuse or slipping, so your clutch may be going. Also, it sounds like maybe you're not pulling the clutch lever all the way in when you're downshifting. To check your tires, stand it up on the rear grab bar (don't forget to shut the gas off first), and spin the front tires. If they're bent, you should be able to tell.

Old 05-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Range Rover

yeah im almost sure its my wheel so i will get a new set for the front. but i know my clutch cable is set up the right way. and yes im pulling it in all the way when i shift. it seems notchy on th eup shift too. im gonna get a ebc or dirt digger clutch kit. should i up grade my basket to while im in there? i think im gonna put the stock clutch back on. the magura is good but you just dont seem to have the same feel as with the norm

Old 05-22-2002, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your clutch is slipping...Would you wanna sell your Magura? I've got a CR Lever on pearch on mine right now, and like the much cleaner look of the handlebars.