Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Here's What the Dealer Told me About the New Honda.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we all must remember just ho small the sport quad market is compared to the utility market. We see how many bike are around us but my brother was general manager of an AC, Yam, Suz dealership for years they sold 600 utility quads per year and about 50 sport units. From talking to friends ( I used to have a polaris dealership) this is pretty much the sales ratio nation wide give or take a few. So if Honda has the lions share of a small market then why change.

Old 09-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

there is an old saying

"pride commeth before the fall"

Old 09-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

I think the 400ex is still an awesome quad and will be for years too come,,unless you play on the dunes the honda is just as good as the z400 and probably better than the raptor,,,if honda releases a new quad i would predict the ex will stay ,, the new quad will be a larger cc quad ,,, wouldnt take the place of the 400 ,,, thats my prediction,,,, i ride woods and mx track with two buddies who have z400's and there isnt much differance.....if you like honda buy honda if youlike suzuki by it..
chow

Old 09-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

Chow? Who is Chow?

Try Ciao

n : an acknowledgment that can be used to say hello or goodbye (aloha is Hawaiian; ciao is Italian)

Ciao first appears in English in 1929 in Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms, which is set in northeast Italy during World War I. It is likely that this is where Hemingway learned the word, for ciau in Venetian dialect means “servant, slave,” and, as a casual greeting, “I am your servant.” Ciau corresponds to standard Italian schiavo; both words come from Medieval Latin sclavus, “slave.” A similar development took place with servus, the Classical Latin word for “slave,” in southern Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Poland, where servus is used as a casual greeting like ciao. At the opposite end of the world, in Southeast Asia, one even sees words meaning “slave” or “your slave” that have developed into pronouns of the first person, again to indicate respect and humility.

I hope that helps.

Ciao

Old 09-26-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hey ya big flightless bird, where'd ya cut and paste that one from???

What's Kiwi taste like anyways? Chicken? Can ya BBQ it?? Do you have KFK's?

Couple of other questions for ya; Is it yesterday there now or is it still tomorrow. Can you get a sunburn in winter? Does it snow in summer? Can't you guys get it straight? Buy a calender! Do you consider the bottom of the world the North Pole? Why do the toilets flush backwards? Don't you guys have plumbers who can fix that? Does the Crocodile Hunter have his own network in New Zealand or is he really just some guy with a lisp from northern Minnesota with one of those goofy accents? Just where in the hell is Old Zealand? Why do you cook shrimp on a Blonde headed doll? Would'nt it be easier in the oven? Did New Zealand start out as a penal colony too? If so, do you have to have a ***** to live there now or to visit? Are most of the people named Richard in your neighborhood? I bet they're all Dicks. Just some things I've been thinking about since I was in 2nd grade.

Old 09-26-2002, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ScrambledKiwi that was pretty damn good stuff there.i am impressed with your knowledge.

Trx440
those are some pretty funny questions as well.what i'm curious about is if anyone will come up with any legitimate answers to any of them.

Old 09-26-2002, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

Mmmmmm

TRX440 should have studdied in 2nd grade (and tried to get to the 3rd!), then he would have found that New Zealand is not Australia. This is like me asking if Arazona is anywhere near London (and not the Kentucky one either). New Zealand is a samll country of 3.5mil people (60 mil sheep, but!) in the southern Pacific Ocean.

As for the Croc Hunter. If you see this annoying bugger, let the croc have a bite of him as I can't stand his face. I have met him and his family once, and it took all my restraint not to break his nose with my forehead!

Leave the penal jokes for the Aussies, as the only crims here were born here.

Yes it is tomorrow, but to be you are yesterday. We get a tan in summer (xmas time), and ski in winter, and still get a tan. BBQing a Kiwi will get you shot by the cops, then hung, drawn and quartered by the greenies, but they taste like venison. Great with beer and peanuts! For those that have flush toilets (Most of us use the fence post) they don't go around and around, but flush straight down, so you don't have to watch your green curry dump floating in the bowl. But yes, the bath goes the other way when you pulled the plug. Very cool and unique. It took our plumbers years to get this correct.

> Why do you cook shrimp on a Blonde headed doll? - What the hell is he talking about? You cook shrimp on the BBQ, with lots of beer.

Look out for a TRX450EX near you soon!

Old 09-26-2002, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

Kiwi,

Why is it silly to ask if Arizona is close to London? The London Bridge is in Arizona so just how far apart can they be??

I know the difference between New Zealand and Australia, about a thousand miles. BS,MS,'90 Physical Geography, Valparaiso Univ
But really, aren't you guys just a suburb?

Water moving in a clocwise [southern hemisphere] or counter-clockwise [northern hemisphere] motion while going down a drain was actually first discovered circa 1835 by French physicist Gustave-Gaspard Coriolis, hence the term coriolis effect. As the water attempts to make it's way to the equator in a straight line after being set in motion, the earth's rotation towards the east causes a bend in it's path forming the whirlpool. PhD, Applied Astrophysics, M.I.T. '96

I'm still not real sure where Old Zealand is?

Don't worry about the blonde headed doll comment. It was a Paul Hogan thing. I'm sure next to the Croc Hunter [crimmey!], he's your second favorite 'south of the equator' friend. Hey whatever happened to Jacko or was it Jocko? He got his 15 minutes here in the states and poof! Gone.

Who sounds funnier to you, Americans or Indians [from India]. What's the best way to describe what we sound like? Bottom line, Americans can't tell the difference between the various dialects of Queen's English unless your talking to a drunk Scuh-ish hooligan. The Beetles to Francios Botha, the King of England to Shayne King, sounds like you all grew up in the same neighborhood to most.

I used to road race bicycles with a guy from Wellington, NZ that lived in Chicago. We'd go and grab a beer at this pub that carried DB Draught [is that spelled correctly] After drinking with him for a few months he had all the regulars tipping a toast on our first pint that went "To New Zealand! Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous! I always thought that was funny. -RT

Anything new on the 450ex front? I read that you know someone who works for a exhaust mfg who is contracted to develop pipe. Well, can we expect it by the Apocolypse?

Old 09-26-2002, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

trx440 and scrambled kiwi, you guys are cracking me up, but to be truthfull I have actually learned a little from your posts, my parents just spent three weeks in new zealand on a bicycle tour, and absolutly loved it, there are some deer there, though not like the deer here in the states and they are good eating and great hunting, my father plans to go back to do some hunting there, I might go. Wild place I guess.
Ciao
graham

Old 09-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

From dirtwheels.com: "Honda is under assault in virtually every ATV category and the company has seriously lagged behind the other major ATV manufacturers with little in the way of new, exciting and competitive products, especially in the sport ATV category. The rumors we have heard, are that Honda was all set to release a new CRF450 high-performance quad at this year's dealer show in Chicago, but it was nixed at the last minute when upper management felt that it would seriously cut into sales of existing warehouses full of 400EX's."

Now instead of their own bike cutting into sales, the Z400 will cut into their sales. I bet these are a bunch of bozos with MBA's, who don't even ride????

Quick Reply: Here's What the Dealer Told me About the New Honda.