ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/)
-   -   SWAMPMONSTER (https://atvconnection.com/forums/honda/898-swampmonster.html)

SwampMonster 01-08-2000 03:23 PM

New pictures of the SWAMPMONSTER!

Let me know what you think!

<a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/waynemcclellen">SWAMPMONSTER</a>

"LOCK 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM!!!"
SwampMonster

1999 Foreman 450S Locked, Lifted, Vamped, Snorkeled, and did I mention widened? (wheel spacers)

I'm trying to get this link to work. Any suggestions?

I got it to work finally!!!
Sorry for all of the editing!

[This message has been edited by SwampMonster (edited 01-08-2000).]

01ds650 01-08-2000 04:02 PM

Mean looking quad !
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

mattsibley 01-08-2000 05:54 PM

Hey man, Looks great! Makes me wish I had 12 inch wide tires on the front of my 300. I bet it really floats great. I've rode in some places like that swamp in your pictures, its rough stuff, but the vamps almost always make it, did you have wheel spacers on front or back or both? I really like the looks of the snorkel! Have you had any trouble with it leaking yet? Why didnt you snorkel the exhaust pipe too?

------------------
Matt Sibley

1999 Honda 300 4x4 Vampires, Lift Kit, 2500lb WARN winch

BONER 01-08-2000 07:48 PM

You only need the snorkel for the exhast if you plan on getting stuck. But we all know we sill some times get stuck.
So, when you go into water over the exhast adjust your carb to make your bike idle alittle faster to keep the water out. The only down sid to this is the quad will jump alittle forward when shifting.

TxDoc2 01-08-2000 08:29 PM

Regarding the exhaust snorkel--What if your engine dies and sucks water in thru the exhaust or you try to restart, can water get into the engine that way?

dirtyhowies 01-08-2000 08:42 PM

Nice quad,impressive. I am curious as to the depth you can take that submarine also did you reroute your fuel breather line.

BONER 01-08-2000 08:47 PM

TxDoc2,

Then your screwed. But thats why you "idle up" you quad.

TxDoc2 01-08-2000 09:48 PM

That's what happened to me once. That's why I asked.
SWAMPMO--Did you take 35mm pics and scan or a digital camera. I am looking a Sony Mavica that takes digital pics on a 3.5" floppy.

01ds650 01-08-2000 11:12 PM

I think you'll find that a good 35mm camara, & scanner will produce better quality pics than a digital camara. Digital camaras are nice, like a modern day polaroid. But their quality isn't real super good, especially when enlarged.
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

SwampMonster 01-08-2000 11:33 PM

Let's see where to start here.

mattsibley: Yes I have spacers on the front and back, no I haven't had problems with the snorkel leaking and I'm working on a way to make a detachable snorkel for the exhaust.

BONER & TxDoc2: I idle up just as you pointed out when going into deep water. I have stalled it before (In stock trim) and was able to fire it back up with a few tries while the exhaust still under water.

dirtyhowies: I'm not exactly sure on max depth but I've had it over the fenders and almost covering the seat. And yes the vent tube from the carb, front and rear differentials, and front and rear brakes are all rerouted to higher points. It is IMPERATIVE to do this if you want to ride deep.

TxDoc2 & Andrew Thomas: All of the pictures that I posted were taken with a Sony Mavica MVC-FD71 with 3.5" Floppy Drive. I use it for work and am going out of town next week so I had it to play with this weekend. I do have a 35mm with a Umax scanner, but the digital camera is so much more convient for things like this.

"LOCK 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM!!!"
SwampMonster

1999 Foreman 450S Locked, Lifted, Vamped, Snorkeled, and did I mention widened? (wheel spacers)