Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Deer Baits

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer Baits

Nothing is more amusing to me than those who thumb their noses at others who use corn or some other grain to attract deer while they sit watch over a lush food plot.

IMO, "bait" is any food source that you plant, place or position for the purpose of attracting deer for harvest.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Baits

have anyone ever been attacked by random bats while hiking in the woods at night???

Old 08-21-2005, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deer Baits

have anyone ever been attacked by random bats while hiking in the woods at night???
LOL...I am an Okie....we are sometimes a little slow.....what the heck does that mean?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
No disrespect intended.

Old 08-21-2005, 02:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Deer Baits

Originally posted by: okiedude
LOL...I am an Okie....we are sometimes a little slow.....what the heck does that mean?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
No disrespect intended.
you have got to be kiddin me

Old 08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deer Baits

QUOTE from spring: Nothing is more amusing to me than those who thumb their noses at others who use corn or some other grain to attract deer while they sit watch over a lush food plot.

All of the above is illegal in Minnesota.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Baits

Originally posted by: okiedude
No disrespect intended.
i dunno it was just a question i guess haha

Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Baits

I caught a bat on a fly pole one night at the pond next to my house. I couldn't figure out what it was unil it hit the fly and I about crapped on myself. I cut the line and hauled a$$.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Deer Baits

Originally posted by: WyoBullRydr
I caught a bat on a fly pole one night at the pond next to my house. I couldn't figure out what it was unil it hit the fly and I about crapped on myself. I cut the line and hauled a$$.
hahaha cool so im not alone

Old 08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Deer Baits

I have a hard time understanding the position of some that hunting an oak thicket is different from hunting the edge of a bean/corn field. In farm country they are both NATURAL food. Baiting, we use whole corn here in MD, both shelled and cobbed. We also have an extraordinarily liberal limit (10 deer per season, bow, muzzle and shotgun/rifle per each 2 regions. That's a lot of deer. BTW, I have never seen as many bucks as I have seen this year around my local area, So MD. I attribute this to the rule that we MUST kill 2 does if we kill a buck. Baiting works great. It patterns and makes it easier to see deer. They still go nocturnal after being pressured. It doen't take much pressure to changee baiting to feeding after being pressed.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Deer Baits

i just got some buck jam..they were otta apple flavor so i got some sweet fruit junk

Quick Reply: Deer Baits