Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

about 10 yrs ago i was at a friends house just came in the house buddy decided to get this turkeys babys she just had about 5 weeks prior. he takes off without telling me and i was in the house and the windows was open the mother turkey wanted her babys back she jumped on the window sill. didn't think nothing of it the window was open and he didn't have any screens on the windows tell u what i was scared as hell on that one. so i watched for the rest of the day and she wouldn't leave so i turned them loose. let her have her babies back that day. he was pissed.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 368741
years ago i was deer hunting in upshur county w.va, still hunting along a ridge in a pretty remote area the call of nature hit me. after looking all around for a few minutes to make sure i was alone i backed up against a log and did what i had to do. 'oh no' i forgot to bring toilet paper, so i did the next best thing, i got my knife and cut of my flannel shirt tail. took care of that problem i thought to myself. as i was getting my pants up and my jacket back on i happened to look up. 25yds away i saw a man sitting in a tree stand trying not to notice me. i felt about 3 inches high as i walked over to his tree stand and said i was sorry for messing up his hunting area and for what he must have witnessed. smileing, the gentleman looked down at me and said 'oh hell' i wasn,t seeing anything else anyway. then, we both started laughing so hard tears rolled down our faces. i wish he would have said something before i embaressed both of us. i never will forget that moment in the woods of wva. and i don,t think he will either.but i bet the next time he yells or something and i always look up .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh yes, brings back memories, but instead with a sock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

this didn,t happen in the woods, but anything for a laugh. in 1981 i was working in a coal mine in northern w.va. when lunch time came we had a place curtained off we called the 'dinner hole'. about 5 min into lunch, jim the ' pumper came through the curtain into the lunch area. jim traveled alone through out the mine to keep all the pumps running to pump water out of the mine. then jim looked at all of us in the lunch area and said who crapped their pants. then all of us started smelling it to. after blameing everyone for a rancid case of gas for 10min lunch time expired so we all started out through the curtain in single file to go back to our machines to go back to work. i just happened to get behind jim the pumper who always was wearing one piece coveralls. when my cap light happened to shine on the back of his neck i saw a big gob of sh--t on his coveralls collar he wasn,t aware of. after letting everyone; including jim, know where that awful smell had originated, the whole section, 7 men were rolling on the floor of the mine laughing so hard we couldn,t stop. he had answered the call of nature eariler in the shift & when he had dropped his coveralls to do so, his collar picked up some of what was supposed to stay on the bottom of the return air entry. but being a good hearted soul, he took the ribbing in stride, after he removed his coveralls.

03 ac 300 4x4

Old 03-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: mystereid

Just as I doused the fire and cleaned up, the wierdest sound I've ever heard came up from over a small hill.

It was like all the souls in hell started groaning all at once, very eerie.Like I said, I don't startle easily but I was sure I was going to see a red glow and some Satanic army marching over the hill. I waited and listened and thought I heard a little amplifier feedback the next time.

>>>>>>>>
KInda like that Johnny Cash song "Ghost Riders in the Sky"? LOL Man I'm glad this thread isn't dead yet, keep them coming.

Old 03-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 10 years ago my cousin had a bad year gun hunting whitetails!

At the end of a deer drive we were gonna build a fire and toast our sandwiches and my cousin stated he had to take a crap.....a little while later he comes back and says that he needs to go home to change. The downed tree he was squating over broke and he landed right in his DUTY!

Wait we're not done....a couple days later he says he has to go again, so we're all ribbing him about finding a stronger tree.....he comes back in a little while shaking his head, oh no not again we say. He says this time he found a strong enough tree but his blaze coveralls ended up under the tree when he pulled the down and he crapped right in the hood of his coveralls!

At least the hood was removable!

Poor guys never lived it down either.

Jeff

Old 03-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

Another thing that it could be is a Panther I don't know what area your in but I live in Alabama and I have personaly heard and seen exactly what you are saying It sounds like a woman screaming from the top of her lungs Very freaky

Old 03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well once while I was at band camp. LOL

Old 03-23-2006, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Since this thread has wondered from the woods Ill tell yall these.
1st have you ever had a friend that you would believe anything he said? I do, and he told me two things that happened to him. When he was younger, he lived in a house that wasnt exactly 5star lodging. One night while he was dead asleep, he felt a strange feeling sorta like a cold breeze that woke him. Soon, his bed started shakin and slidin around then floated up and dropped to the floor. The next thing that happened to him was a few years later, he woke up to take a pee in the middle of the night. As he was walking to the bathroom, he turned and looked into his brothers room and saw a cowboy leanin against the wall with his had pulled down over his eyes like he was sleeping. He never atempted to wake the cowboy.

2nd. I was in highschool out doing stupid stuff that highschool age guys do. We got to talkin about a cemetary that ppl always said was haunted. We decided to try to find it. It was pretty freaky that we found it since we only had a general idea where it was. It was on a deadend road(no pun intended) that we just happened to pick. At the end of the road was a tall hill, and as you topped the hill there was a street light that went out as we when under it. I have always hear that if you circle the graveyard 12 times the graves would glow. I didnt believe it, but out of curiosity, and the freaky fact we actually found it we decided to try it. We tried 12 times and nothing, 13 times and nothing. Tried it in reverse, nothing. Finally we stopped and got out of the car and was standing there talking when i looked up. There was a park bench on the far side of the cemetary with a light behind it so all I could see was the outline of a dark figure, but it was clearly a woman sitting on the bench lookin at us from across the way. I clearly remember her long hair, and what looked like a night gown blowing in the breeze. After starring in amazement for a minute we hightailed it out of there. We went back to see if anything was there, but when we shined out lights on the bench nothing was there. I still get the chills thinking about it and I can still see her there in my mind.

3rd. This is the best. It came from a guy my dad worked with. He was a serious kind of guy that never made jokes so, thats while I believe it. he said that about ten years earlier, he was sleeping during the night. He woke at exactly 2 am leaned up and saw a figure in his bedroom door way. It was about 4 foot tall with red eyes. He shut his eyes and when he opened them it was gone. He never told anybody. About two years later, same thing happened. He woke at 2am and immediatly knew what was happening. It wasnt at his door though, it was standing beside his wife. Again he closed his eyes and opened them and it was gone. This time he told his wife. Third time it happened about 4 years later, same story. Woke at 2am, and it was standing beside him and it spoke. It said "your time is near". He woke his wife and asked her to pray with him. That is the last time it ever happened.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:46 AM
Range Rover

I got 2 to tell so I'll make it quick. 1st was back when I was a teenager we used to walk around the lake at night 2 times yearly at a campground we camped at seasonally. Big place alot of kids my age or around it. We decided one night to leave earlier than the rest, so we could scare the rest as it was about a 4 hour hike. Three of us start out and hid in a cornfield lying down an hour into the hike. Suddenly we see lights in the sky moving around, back and forth with no particular pattern to them. Then suddenly they sped off covering the entire horizon in a few seconds. No way was it a weather balloon, plane,copter, etc. In my honest opinion to this day along with my friends it was 3 UFOs. The second one happened to me this year. Unexpectedly, my ex-wife passed away this year at a young age of kidney failure. My oldest son who lived with her was the one who found her. The day of her funeral, as they were playing the song to remember her by, my 2 oldest sons mothered by her (I have a 20 month old now also with my now wife) were sitting next to me obviously so I could be there for them. During the song on the empty chair in front of us, all of a sudden a drop hits the seat part, then another, then another. They looked kinda milky white in appearance but more clear or tear colored than milky. At this point my oldest son notices them and simply points to them. I look up towards the all wood ceiling and see no water or leaks as it wasn't raining that day anyways and noone had any beverages that was near us. After the funeral, on our way home he suddenly speaks out, he's 15 yrs old, saying "mom was with us today dad didn't you see her tears on the chair". Ok weird huh it gets better. Later that evening, the 2 older boys mothered by her get into a fight about something. I calmly told them now is not the time for fighting and made the comment that you're mom wouldn't want you guys fighting in a time like this. About 5 minutes pass and they act up again. Suddenly the tv goes dead. I hit power and nothing. Upon further investigation, which took awhile as I thought my tv fried out, and I already grabbed one out of the other room to hook up, is when I noticed that it somehow it got unplugged. Where the plug was there is now way that it could have gotten unplugged by my cat or dog cause they can't fit back there. Besides the plug is so hard going in and out it would take a good shot to have it come out. I think she was trying to get their attention and to get them to stop fighting. Shortly after she passed away my dog of 4 yrs of age suddenly got sick. After much money spent at the vet he said that his kidneys are failing. We'd hook an iv to him and 2 days later the vet sent him home saying they seem to be functioning good now. About 1 week would pass and he would go back to the same way, kidney failure. After doing this and other stuff to the tune of almost $1500.00 I finally had to make the painful decision to put him to sleep. We had an ugly divorce, that I wanted and she didn't, and I wonder if this wasn't her last revenge??? Same way she passed, kidney failure. She knew how much I loved that dog. Brian

Old 03-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Briman
I got 2 to tell so I'll make it quick. 1st was back when I was a teenager we used to walk around the lake at night 2 times yearly at a campground we camped at seasonally. Big place alot of kids my age or around it. We decided one night to leave earlier than the rest, so we could scare the rest as it was about a 4 hour hike. Three of us start out and hid in a cornfield lying down an hour into the hike. Suddenly we see lights in the sky moving around, back and forth with no particular pattern to them. Then suddenly they sped off covering the entire horizon in a few seconds. No way was it a weather balloon, plane,copter, etc. In my honest opinion to this day along with my friends it was 3 UFOs. The second one happened to me this year. Unexpectedly, my ex-wife passed away this year at a young age of kidney failure. My oldest son who lived with her was the one who found her. The day of her funeral, as they were playing the song to remember her by, my 2 oldest sons mothered by her (I have a 20 month old now also with my now wife) were sitting next to me obviously so I could be there for them. During the song on the empty chair in front of us, all of a sudden a drop hits the seat part, then another, then another. They looked kinda milky white in appearance but more clear or tear colored than milky. At this point my oldest son notices them and simply points to them. I look up towards the all wood ceiling and see no water or leaks as it wasn't raining that day anyways and noone had any beverages that was near us. After the funeral, on our way home he suddenly speaks out, he's 15 yrs old, saying "mom was with us today dad didn't you see her tears on the chair". Ok weird huh it gets better. Later that evening, the 2 older boys mothered by her get into a fight about something. I calmly told them now is not the time for fighting and made the comment that you're mom wouldn't want you guys fighting in a time like this. About 5 minutes pass and they act up again. Suddenly the tv goes dead. I hit power and nothing. Upon further investigation, which took awhile as I thought my tv fried out, and I already grabbed one out of the other room to hook up, is when I noticed that it somehow it got unplugged. Where the plug was there is now way that it could have gotten unplugged by my cat or dog cause they can't fit back there. Besides the plug is so hard going in and out it would take a good shot to have it come out. I think she was trying to get their attention and to get them to stop fighting. Shortly after she passed away my dog of 4 yrs of age suddenly got sick. After much money spent at the vet he said that his kidneys are failing. We'd hook an iv to him and 2 days later the vet sent him home saying they seem to be functioning good now. About 1 week would pass and he would go back to the same way, kidney failure. After doing this and other stuff to the tune of almost $1500.00 I finally had to make the painful decision to put him to sleep. We had an ugly divorce, that I wanted and she didn't, and I wonder if this wasn't her last revenge??? Same way she passed, kidney failure. She knew how much I loved that dog. Brian
I got 2 to tell so I'll make it quick...............LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I would hate to see your long stories! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]....Just kidding! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......