Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

A story I heard but good the area was semi rural meaning kinda close to a neighborhood but considered the local dumping , atv area for the suburban folks.Located on an easement that is used by the pwoer company for powerlines through the forest.

A guy Found a ladies handbag on the ground looked up and there was a women dress hanging on the tall metal electric pole.Strange he thought but picked up the purse and saw it had an ID,Money etc he figured the items belonged to some kids who had to much to drink... He took it to the sheriffs station and told them about it and the location. Well the next day a call from the deputy infomred him that the purse belonged to a young women that went missing a few years back..He also stated the dress was placed up on the pole for only a few days!
Well the guy spooked of course didnt go back out there but a few weeks after the discovery of the poruse and clothes. Somehow the guy who found the stuff someplaced the girls shoes on the hood of his truck and the keys to her car!!! This was confirmed with the sheriffs department..

Old 04-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had one of the worst things happen to me last fall while elk hunting in washington. I was walking down a old skid road in 10 inches of snow when I herd somthing thumping and it was getting closer all of a sudden turned around and there was somthing dark colored charging me, only 10 feet away. at the time caught me by surprise thinking it was a wolf or somthing in that nature. pulled my rifle up and shot it with the 300 ultra mag. landed at my feet. right after herd somthing yelling in chinnese. It was a dark colored pitbull that I had shot and his owner a gook picking mushrooms and grass came over screaming at me whitch I had no idea what he was saying I apolligised and got out of there asap. the owner was dressed up in all black no orange. I felt bad but how often do have a pitbull charge you in the woods. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2006, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 686LRDrapturd12
I had one of the worst things happen to me last fall while elk hunting in washington. I was walking down a old skid road in 10 inches of snow when I herd somthing thumping and it was getting closer all of a sudden turned around and there was somthing dark colored charging me, only 10 feet away. at the time caught me by surprise thinking it was a wolf or somthing in that nature. pulled my rifle up and shot it with the 300 ultra mag. landed at my feet. right after herd somthing yelling in chinnese. It was a dark colored pitbull that I had shot and his owner a gook picking mushrooms and grass came over screaming at me whitch I had no idea what he was saying I apolligised and got out of there asap. the owner was dressed up in all black no orange. I felt bad but how often do have a pitbull charge you in the woods. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Hey, well within your rights. I stopped by my brother's house one day and out of the corner of my eye I see something running towards me. It was the guy down the streets pitbull cross. I don't know what the other half is, but it just looks like a huge pitbull. Anyway, I barely made it back to my van (which I parked on the street) and he was really trying to get a piece of me and circling my van. I started her up and chased that mutt down the street pinned in reverse. He barely made it into the woods. I almost nailed him.

Old 05-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thought I would try and keep this awesome thread alive!!!

Nothing scary but strange I would say.

It was last summer on a Thursday night/Friday morning up at my cabin in northern Wisconsin. A couple of guys and I were having a fire outside shooting the bull. We see headlights at the top of the hill shinning on the tree tops. We suspected it was a drunken guy coming home from the bars shinning our fields, seeing it was way past the legal time for deer shinning. Maybe 15 minutes passed when the truck didn’t move, than we thought something was up. We take the short cut through the woods so the guy couldn't see us coming. When we got within a few yards of the side of the truck to see what the heck he was doing in the middle of know where at 2 a.m. We all waited for 10 minutes give or take, and see him doing nothing but starring at his headlights. We decide to go up to the man and maybe help him out. When we finally got up to the window, he didn't pay attention to us. I asked if the guy needed a little help moving. He didn't respond with an answer. I felt a little queer with the long silence, so I tell the guys we should head back...Later when we returned to camp we see his lights go out. We all said the heck with the guy and went to sleep in the cabin.

Just before dawn I had to make a trip to the "out house", when I got outside I see the same guy with the rusty truck in our driveway. I felt a little odd just wearing boxer, with some guy in my driveway... I immediately bolt into the cabin and wake everyone up. Everyone was here and awake, except for one. We were missing Austin. It was just the right time for him to be missing when there is a guy in our driveway. I thought maybe the guy in our driveway had something to do with him being missing, so I go outside again and threaten him by calling the cops. The guy finally left after a few minutes. Come to find out Austin decided to go scouting for deer in the fields.

That same night we saw the guy’s headlights on the top of the hill. Everyone said that they had enough of this guy. We packed the bags and headed for home. We had to pass this guy for us to get home, we pass him and wave. After we got by him we see him turn into our driveway. I called the cops, and they sent to squads out right away. We received a call from the cops within an hour; they told us the person was unstable in the mind. They also said they guy had a rifle in his truck. The man was hunting for deer, "out of season" in a truck....hmmm

I thought it was strange so I had to share [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 686LRDrapturd12
Well, the above post sounds like a big lie. First off kid, you should not be using Racial slurs on this site. Second, sense when do people go mushroom picking in 10 inches of snow? Let along "grass picking".

Old 05-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, we're not here to speculate, no matter how far-fetched the stories sound. I hope this thread doesn't die, it's probably one of the best on the whole forum.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

I usually don't tell this story because I probably wouldn't believe it my self, but..........anyway.

When I was 18 years old, (22 years ago) I was riding my horse Jake bare-back. (no comments please[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I jump this 8 point buck while crossing a wheat stubble field. Jake started chasing the deer without me doing anything, probably because we always chased the neighbor's dog. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As the buck ran into a standing field of corn, I raced along the edge to keep up and see the deer when he came out the other end. About halfway down the field the first deer scared another smaller buck out of the field right in front of us, and Jake T-boned him. All I remember is the deer going down and under Jake as I went flying over his head. I came up spitting dirt and worried that the horse may have broken a leg or something. When I stood up, the deer that we hit was already about 200 yards across the wheat stubble field running fast and Jake was standing there with a confused look. I later took my father out there to look at the tracks and "skid" marks.

Kev

Old 05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great story Mainehunt! I got a nice chuckle out of that one.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Ginnis
Hey, we're not here to speculate, no matter how far-fetched the stories sound. I hope this thread doesn't die, it's probably one of the best on the whole forum.
A few weeks ago I was riding with a couple fellow forum members and we stopped after ruinning down a cougar at this look out. The one guy looks down and spots a Girls thong.... He Picked it up and sniffed it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I was just amazed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: Ginnis
A few weeks ago I was riding with a couple fellow forum members and we stopped after ruinning down a cougar at this look out. The one guy looks down and spots a Girls thong.... He Picked it up and sniffed it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I was just amazed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
What the crap dude????? LOL You're so messed up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......