Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

I cannot believe this thing is still going. This just goes to show that sportsmen, aside from harvesting game and fish, experience some truly amazing things during their time in the woods or on the water. I've only been hunting for 5 or 6 years now, and I've already seen some awesome sights. These seasoned guys, like some of the ones that have posted here that have hunted for several decades, can truly have you sitting on the edge of your seat and all they're doing is telling a story verbally. I love it.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

Got a new one for ya! Yesterday while at Forensics (CSI) Camp at Waynesburg College, we unearthed a deer that had been burried 3 months ago. Needless to say, the thing smelled like ceptic tank. The soil around it had turned a green color from all the decomposition, and when you touched the hair and muscles they scraped off into a nice fleshy blob. LOL Needless to say, it was definitely a great experience for this line of work to see if you could take the smells and whatnot. So, I guess the unusual thing was 30 highschool seniors digging layer-by-layer to look for two deer and a groundhog. lol That alone was well worth the money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(I think I may have gotten some in my mouth though.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img])

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're supposed to study it...not eat it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

Ginnis,
I used to live about 15 miles north of Waynesburg, nice little town. Here's my Story. My nephew and his friend are big time bowhunters. My nephew's friend shot a deer and couldn't find it. My nephew said he saw the arrow hit the deer high in the back. This took place sometime in late Oct. The buck had a unique rack and was easily recognized by both hunters. About a month later in rifle season my nephew saw this same deer at about 200 yards. When he first saw it he realized it was the same deer his friend hit with an arrow a month earlier. The deer was walking straight away from him. To his amazement he could see the arrow sticking out of the deer's back. At that moment the deer twisted it's head back and pulled out the arrow with it's mouth! The deer never turned sideways to offer a shot. The deer walked into the woods and was never seen again until deer season was over. He saw the deer when he was going to school. He said the deer showed no signs of injury.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

not as neat as some of these stories but anyway.... on august 1st, first day for ditch riding, i decided to give the new machine a good work out. so i get about 2 miles from my house and see this dirt road. but the dirt road had curbs, like it was suppose to have asphalt . so i trun down this dirt road and find a small maze of these weird curbed dirt roads. so i decide to explore a while. turns out a developer ran out of money about 2 years ago and never finished the development. it just felt weird in there, like a ghost town type feeling.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by yodawagon: not as neat as some of these stories but anyway.... on august 1st, first day for ditch riding, i decided to give the new machine a good work out. so i get about 2 miles from my house and see this dirt road. but the dirt road had curbs, like it was suppose to have asphalt . so i trun down this dirt road and find a small maze of these weird curbed dirt roads. so i decide to explore a while. turns out a developer ran out of money about 2 years ago and never finished the development. it just felt weird in there, like a ghost town type feeling.

Watch out for those tumble weeds, they are a sure sign of trouble.....they alway roll across the street just as something is about to happen....in the movies anyway....

Old 08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeeDawg
Originally posted by yodawagon: not as neat as some of these stories but anyway.... on august 1st, first day for ditch riding, i decided to give the new machine a good work out. so i get about 2 miles from my house and see this dirt road. but the dirt road had curbs, like it was suppose to have asphalt . so i trun down this dirt road and find a small maze of these weird curbed dirt roads. so i decide to explore a while. turns out a developer ran out of money about 2 years ago and never finished the development. it just felt weird in there, like a ghost town type feeling.

Watch out for those tumble weeds, they are a sure sign of trouble.....they alway roll across the street just as something is about to happen....in the movies anyway....
You don't have to type all that, just hit the quote button right next to the reply button. (on the post you want to quote)

Old 08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370 Originally posted by: DeeDawg Originally posted by yodawagon: not as neat as some of these stories but anyway.... on august 1st, first day for ditch riding, i decided to give the new machine a good work out. so i get about 2 miles from my house and see this dirt road. but the dirt road had curbs, like it was suppose to have asphalt . so i trun down this dirt road and find a small maze of these weird curbed dirt roads. so i decide to explore a while. turns out a developer ran out of money about 2 years ago and never finished the development. it just felt weird in there, like a ghost town type feeling.

You don't have to type all that, just hit the quote button right next to the reply button. (on the post you want to quote)

That's what I did. Then I deleted some of the BS.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stuck
Ginnis,
I used to live about 15 miles north of Waynesburg, nice little town. Here's my Story. My nephew and his friend are big time bowhunters. My nephew's friend shot a deer and couldn't find it. My nephew said he saw the arrow hit the deer high in the back. This took place sometime in late Oct. The buck had a unique rack and was easily recognized by both hunters. About a month later in rifle season my nephew saw this same deer at about 200 yards. When he first saw it he realized it was the same deer his friend hit with an arrow a month earlier. The deer was walking straight away from him. To his amazement he could see the arrow sticking out of the deer's back. At that moment the deer twisted it's head back and pulled out the arrow with it's mouth! The deer never turned sideways to offer a shot. The deer walked into the woods and was never seen again until deer season was over. He saw the deer when he was going to school. He said the deer showed no signs of injury.
That is pretty freaky![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: enFORCER
Originally posted by: Slash0311
One guy always has his golden retriever with him. Dog got too close to almost dead deer and took an antler to the side. A trip to the VET-ER and the dog lived barely! Seperated ribs three puncture wounds. If he had waited any longer to take it to the vet, the dog would be in the happy hunting ground in the sky! The deer was a nice 9 pointer if anyone wanted to keep score!
Hmmmm, I don't know of any State where it is legal to use dogs while hunting deer....
Where I live thats called poaching.......................
Actually some counties in Georgia allow th euse of dogs.

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......