Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

i fish at my pond during the night by myself but its like 70 yds from the house lol

Old 08-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Well mine isn't that wierd but it was interesting. Years ago while returning late from fishing. I was walking along the river bank. I could see the glow of a fire a head,I thought this was wierd because family was they only one that fished this part of the river. I'm in Canada and it was secluded where I was. I approached with caution and some fear. I could see movement from the camp site but being only 15-16 at the time I didn't go up and confront them . I went home and told my dad that there was someone on the property. So he and a buddy of his and myself and my brother returned. When we approached the fire again we could see a small boy sitting there. We watched from a distance and didn't see anyone else so my dad and my brother circled to the other side and my dads buddy & I came in from this side when we approached the little guy seen us and took to running right into my dad and brother. He was only 6 years old and had ran away from an abusive home. We later found out he had been on his own for 8 days. He was doing pretty good he had a little Honda mini bike and had been staying to the back roads and trails. He had been eating what he could catch or steal and that night he was eating fish. We took him home after a lot of convincing ang he stayed with us for a couple of days. We had contacted child services and they asked if we could keep him for awhile. His mom had died and he was stuck with his stepdad who beat him. I often wondered what happened to him . He left us for foster care and we never heard tell of him again. I'm guessing if he was able to survive up here in the wild on his own he is probaly doing alright,he was a pretty impressive little man.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Range Rover

I live near alot of Civil war battlefields and there is some lease hunting land all around them so ive heard lots of stories growing up, and from buddies saying they have seen gost of confederate solders in the early morning and late evening darkness and how they can sometimes smell gun smoke during bow season it sounds crazy but its not uncommon at all in this area i have never seen anything like that personally but i think it would be pretty cool ...just about 5or 6 years ago some friends of mine were hunting a peace about 1/2mile from "the battle of bloody angle battlefield" and there was a foundations and 2 chimney stacks of a old house on the property well they got to looking around and found a gunny sack with 6 civil war muskets in it up in one of those chimneys the county took the land and made it a historical landmark crazy thing bout that is you can see those chimney stacks bout 100yds off the main road, so people have been riding by them for over 130years and never knew they were there

The strangest thing ive ever seen took place on this farm i had permisson to hunt it was only like my 3rd or 4th time there and i was walking down this trail for what seemed like a mile the trail kinda struck my as strange b,cuz it was rather wide and obviosly well mantained but no where did i see any tire tracks from atvs, tractors or trucks and it didnt really do anything like go anywhere or connect 2 feilds and the closest house was at least mile 1 1/2 away, it was just there well i was walking along and i heard something coming up behind me so i dipped off the trail about 15ft into the bush and i squated down waiting to see whats coming up the trail behind me 2 dogs come troting up black labs and right behind them is a women joggin, so know i understand , its a jogging trail but the strange part is(honest to god truth) she stopped almost right in front of me maybe 20ft away (i was just about to make my pesents know) when she pulled her sweater off and when she did the Tshirt underneath came off with it, no bra she pulled the tshirt away from the sweater put it on tied the sweater around her waist and went back to joggin ,wasnt exzactly the "rack" i was looking for that day but it was nice anyhow

Old 08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

lmao, yea you guys have some purty good stories.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

Hey DirtyRyder, was she good lookin'?

Old 08-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Range Rover

not bad for late 30s to early 40s ...

Old 08-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

hahahaha

Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can't remember seeing anything strange out in the woods. I see all the strange things in the Cities.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

You see amazing things in the woods though that city-slickers will never get to witness. Sometimes I feel sorry for the anti-sportsmen because of the things they won't get to experience while sitting in a deer stand.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

haha, yeah but they would rather push papers than "kill an inoccent animal" lmao

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......