Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Yall boys need to quit with all that seeing ghosts and crap.......my wife and I saw that "Blair Witch"movie the night before opening day of muzzleloading season started. I about made her walk me to my stand at 5:30am the next morning......she still rags me over that one...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I might be 6'4" and 300 lbs.....but it would only take a tiny ghost to whoop me...lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

The following users liked this post:
Ulfthednar (09-13-2022)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: okiedude
Yall boys need to quit with all that seeing ghosts and crap.......my wife and I saw that "Blair Witch"movie the night before opening day of muzzleloading season started. I about made her walk me to my stand at 5:30am the next morning......she still rags me over that one...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I might be 6'4" and 300 lbs.....but it would only take a tiny ghost to whoop me...lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

seeing you in the woods might scare me a little more.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
seeing you in the woods might scare me a little more.
hahaha!

Old 09-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer

Stange....I with my uncle and a friend of mine hunting elk in CO. We were walking down a narrow horse trial off a moutain that would take you into wilderness territory. We were heading back to camp at dusk when we crossed the path of three guys coming up the trail. Now to get to the top it would of been dark by the timing of it. Being a person who likes to talk to other hunters when in the field I asked if they were hunting for for elk. You could hunt deer or elk in that paticular season so a prudent question none the less. To their respone,"Kinda sorta". I was like...Huh? Now they had a southern accent and seemed their IQ's combine didn't exceed that of a fly. I decided to say, "Well, good luck to ya", and carried on. Now the wierd part. Between the three of them One of them had a rifle, the 2nd had a orange plastic looking vest(the kind you would bye at a gas station, and the other had a sleeping bag. Beside each wearing jeans and a flannel that was it. So, if you know CO. in the fall up in the high country, it'll be nice during the day and below freezing at night fall(especially the higher you go) as they were. I never did figure out what they were up to but outfitters did not seem to be a possibility. For those who don't know wilderness area laws is only accesible by foot or horse.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Trailblazer

One late evening in southern West Virginia, my brother and I were walking out of the woods. We had been pheasant hunting and were in a hurry to get out of the woods before dark. (If you have ever been in the woods at night in southern W.V., you will completely understand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]) About a half-mile from the truck we came upon a man sitting on a log and just rocking back and forth with his arms folded on his chest as if he were cold.
Being the freindly sort, we asked him if he was o.k., to which he replied that he was just fine. We talked to him for another 10 minutes or so, and then he started acting really strange. He started acting like he was scared to death and started saying things like "you boys had better get going before it gets dark. Bad things happen in the woods at dark."
Something told me this was a bad situation, as my "sixth sense" had been honed during my service in Iraq. I again asked him if he was o.k., and did he need anything. Again he said no, so we went on our way.
Two days later I read in the newspaper where they had found a man beaten and mutilated in the exact same spot we were hunting at[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]!! I immediately notified my uncle (a tough state trooper) and told him the story. It WAS in fact the same guy and the coroner estimated his time of death about 1 hour after we saw him. So we gave an official statement and they inspected our shotguns and knives just to make sure it wasn't us (I suppose) and told us to keep shut about it because this murder was just the tip of a very big iceburg.
To this day I wonder if we should have doubled-back and hid in the bushes. Being no stranger to combat, I might have saved the poor chap.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. They have never found the killers, but I am CONVINCED that by the way he was acting, he knew what was about to happen.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
I know what the rabbit sounds like because I coyote hunt. I'd really like to think there are no cougars in Illinois, but I've heard of sightings. Slash, I know what you mean about the SureFire Light. Those things are ridiculously bright! They eat through batteries like crazy though.
We have Cougars here in Missouri........... your not too far from us!!!

Old 09-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

well heres my story as i was driving to work (november of 2003 about 7:00 am) i round the curve and i see this deer in the road(i live way out an old road ) i slow down, as i get closer i realize its a 8 point mounted on this doe and he is givin her hell if ya know what i mean, well the next thing he does is rake her side with his horns, well this was not good as his horn got wrapped in her hide and as he dismounted he twisted and it got tighter, well i sat there in awe as i watched him drag kick gouge and pummel this doe for about 2-3 minutes we were on a hill so they just kept going down the hill so i just crept along, finnaly he ripped a chunk of hide and fur out and he stumbled up the bank. well he just stood there gasping and panting with blood and hair dripping from his horns. i sat there and watched them both the doe gasped and sighed her last breath the buck finnaly staggered away and i was truly amazed at what i had seen happen.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: springdrl
Many years ago a friend and I watched a Russian satellite re-enter the atmosphere and burn up. We were running our coonhounds when we noticed what looked like the flare of a large bottle rocket. We soon realized it was something else when it didn't burn out and much higher than we thought. It must have taken it three or four minutes travel across the sky from west to east. You could see different colors of light as it evidently broke into thousands of pieces that quickly burned up as they met the earth's atmosphere at such a high rate of speed.

We really didn't know what it was until the story appeared in next day's newspaper.
That's crazy. I saw the same thing when I was a kid in College Station, TX. Probably mid eighties or so. I still have the newspaper clipping from the article the next morning. It was in the college station's newspaper the Eagle. Myself and a friend watched it for several minutes as it made it's way across the sky. We crawled on top of a backhoe to see it over the trees as it was leaving our sight. My folks thought I was crazy when I told them about it.

Travis

Old 10-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GREAT STORIES

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......