Hunting, Trapping, Game Management Discuss Bow and Fire Arm Hunting.

Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......

Originally posted by: okiedude
Yall boys need to quit with all that seeing ghosts and crap.......my wife and I saw that "Blair Witch"movie the night before opening day of muzzleloading season started. I about made her walk me to my stand at 5:30am the next morning......she still rags me over that one...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I might be 6'4" and 300 lbs.....but it would only take a tiny ghost to whoop me...lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
meow

Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: colt2245p
well heres my story as i was driving to work (november of 2003 about 7:00 am) i round the curve and i see this deer in the road(i live way out an old road ) i slow down, as i get closer i realize its a 8 point mounted on this doe and he is givin her hell if ya know what i mean, well the next thing he does is rake her side with his horns, well this was not good as his horn got wrapped in her hide and as he dismounted he twisted and it got tighter, well i sat there in awe as i watched him drag kick gouge and pummel this doe for about 2-3 minutes we were on a hill so they just kept going down the hill so i just crept along, finnaly he ripped a chunk of hide and fur out and he stumbled up the bank. well he just stood there gasping and panting with blood and hair dripping from his horns. i sat there and watched them both the doe gasped and sighed her last breath the buck finnaly staggered away and i was truly amazed at what i had seen happen.
WTF..that's f'd. Sounds like a Ted Bundy kinda deer. I may have drug that doe outta there if it wasn't for the injectable marinade.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Yall boys need to quit with all that seeing ghosts and crap.......my wife and I saw that "Blair Witch"movie the night before opening day of muzzleloading season started. I about made her walk me to my stand at 5:30am the next morning......she still rags me over that one...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I might be 6'4" and 300 lbs.....but it would only take a tiny ghost to whoop me...lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
meow
Sparky...I will meet ya half way...deal?

Old 10-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

meow
Sparky...I will meet ya half way...deal?
Huh? Whatever it is that you want to meet me half way for, just come all the way. I don't have the time.

I got a funny story, not in the woods but has to do with the spooky ghost thing. I was doing electrical work in a church that was built in the early 1800s. My helper thought he saw a ghost. I was using a tone generator & inductive probe to find some wires. The inductive probe will pick up this wierd signal off any kind of a circuit that is transfering data. This would also be a pretty spooky sound if you didn't know what it was and you thought you just saw a ghost. I asked my helper if he has seen any of those shows where they use electronic eqipment to pick up the presence of ghosts. Then I showed him the "wierd" signals I was picking up. Specifically by this table they set up for those guest books or whatever at funerals. Man I let him freak right out before I explained it to him. Only down side was he was too scared to go into this crappy crawl space, so I had to go in.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

Not Scary but funny. 2 years ago their were 5 (all adult men or so we thought) doing the Army tent thing in Iron Mountain Michigan. It was ealry November and we were Bow Hunting Whitetails. One of the guys with us was from Dallas (Larry) and this was his first year hunting, and his first time in Michigan's U.P. So the second evening we all go to our treestands, dark rolls in and we start meeting back at camp. After about an hour back at camp someone says hey where's Larry? We decide to give him another half hour then go looking for him. It was cold up their that year for early November, their was already snow on the ground and it never got above 10 degrees during the day. So time goes by and no Larry, we all hop on our quads to go to his spot. Its about a 10 minute walk from the trail to his treestand, so we get near and start yelling for him, he is still in his stand trapped their by a bear. We are looking all around for the bear but cant see anything as we make our way in to his stand. We get their and he says its in the tree next to me. Since we were searching we had 2 1 million candlepower lights and light up the tree, to see a big bad mean porcupine. Larry was in tears afraid for his life cause he thought it was a bear waiting for him to get down so it could eat him. We rolled on the ground laughing. He never did go back up their again.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: magna29
Not Scary but funny. 2 years ago their were 5 (all adult men or so we thought) doing the Army tent thing in Iron Mountain Michigan. It was ealry November and we were Bow Hunting Whitetails. One of the guys with us was from Dallas (Larry) and this was his first year hunting, and his first time in Michigan's U.P. So the second evening we all go to our treestands, dark rolls in and we start meeting back at camp. After about an hour back at camp someone says hey where's Larry? We decide to give him another half hour then go looking for him. It was cold up their that year for early November, their was already snow on the ground and it never got above 10 degrees during the day. So time goes by and no Larry, we all hop on our quads to go to his spot. Its about a 10 minute walk from the trail to his treestand, so we get near and start yelling for him, he is still in his stand trapped their by a bear. We are looking all around for the bear but cant see anything as we make our way in to his stand. We get their and he says its in the tree next to me. Since we were searching we had 2 1 million candlepower lights and light up the tree, to see a big bad mean porcupine. Larry was in tears afraid for his life cause he thought it was a bear waiting for him to get down so it could eat him. We rolled on the ground laughing. He never did go back up their again.
lol That's hilarious.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: magna29
lol That's hilarious.
hahahahaha, u could say that agian. i dont blame him though, i probably would have gotten spooked.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yea good thing he didn't see a deer 'cause somebody would have a dead dog.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Range Rover

strangest thing I ever saw was a man stumbling within 15 yards of my tree stand and appeared to be searching for a lost contact lens on the ground. After watching a while I whistled to him, he looked around in all directions (except up), then went back to looking on the ground. I then coughed, he checked around him again and saw nothing. So I yelled and asked what the h--- he was doing on private property without permission. Once he figured out a was just above him. He walked over, asked if I had any water, then told me he was looking for bigfoot tracks because bigfoot attached a house just down the rode the night before. I told him we didn't allow bigfoot on or property because he scared our cattle, the guy laughed, but I didn't. He left pretty shortly after that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: quadracer325
strangest thing I ever saw was a man stumbling within 15 yards of my tree stand and appeared to be searching for a lost contact lens on the ground. After watching a while I whistled to him, he looked around in all directions (except up), then went back to looking on the ground. I then coughed, he checked around him again and saw nothing. So I yelled and asked what the h--- he was doing on private property without permission. Once he figured out a was just above him. He walked over, asked if I had any water, then told me he was looking for bigfoot tracks because bigfoot attached a house just down the rode the night before. I told him we didn't allow bigfoot on or property because he scared our cattle, the guy laughed, but I didn't. He left pretty shortly after that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

LMAO....he was looking for more of those more wacky cigarettes he just got through smoking.

Quick Reply: Strangest Things You've Seen In The Woods......